Our Knight Newsletter

Rob Peters

Good Evening to you all.  I would like to announce that I am going to try to revive the club Knight Newsletter.  The newsletter had ceased to exist back in 2019 because we were having trouble getting members to submit articles.  Obtaining articles for the newsletter is one of the jobs of the club Vice President.  When I say that I don't mean it was up to the Vice President to find and write these articles but solicit submissions from our members.  In the past it has been very hard to get members to give us articles.  It seemed that articles only came from a very select few members.

In the past two years we have added a number of new members to our ranks and it is our hope that we will be able to talk our new AND old members into contributing new fodder for the newsletter.  Many are reluctant to contribute because they say "I am not a good writer"  You don't have to worry about that.  We will take your stories and do the editing prior to putting them into the newsletter.

What we will be looking for will be as follows:

Featured Monte: The Featured Monte will always be on the front page of the newsletter along with the story written by the owner Member.  To qualify for a spot as the Featured Monte the owner MUST be a dues paying member of the club, now just a member here on the club website boards.  If you are interested in seeing your Monte Carlo as the Featured Monte please let me know and I will let you know what we need from you.

Project Stories:  If you have done a project on your Monte such as a suspension upgrade, rear disk brakes, stereo radio upgrade (especially if it is an upgrade which is hidden, special paint job or any special project you have performed.  Take pictures of your project and documentation of the project and do a writeup.

Remembrance Stories:    If you have any interesting or funny or cliff hanger stories you have had with your current Monte or a past Monte these always make good stories.  Maybe it is a story from when you had your Monte and were dating, or went to a Prom or used it in your wedding day or someone else's wedding day or maybe your car was used in the shooting of a movie or TV show.  Pictures are a plus for all stories.

Mini-Meet or Car Show:  Stories and pictures of mini-meets you held or attended or car shows are always interesting.

These are just some of the idea's we want to throw out to you.  Once our election is completed our new Vice President will be filtering all submissions.  I have already started to work on the next newsletter.  I would have done this sooner but my old laptop just was not hefty enough to support the software I needed but I recently got a more powerful laptop and have loaded the needed software.

I look forward to seeing your submissions.  if you have any questions please feel free to ask them in this thread because others may also the questions.

rob

• Like 3