4 bbl carb

I am looking for a 4 bbl quadrajet carb for a 454.   It does NOT have to be numbers matching or pretty, but it does have to work.   I have 2 carbs for a 350 but none of them run or work on my 454.       If anyone has one they are willing to part with let me know?   

Tkx 

4 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I got that’s really nice. O wait you said you want one that works, never mind. Lol. 

Makes a pretty paperweight though...

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Expensive paperweight too. But at least it is number matching to my car. 

I have a paperweight too that is date coded for my 71 SS. I recently had a fuel leak, tried to tighten the filter housing and stripped the threads. 😬 I found a new carb body and rebuilt the carb.

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

I have a paperweight too that is date coded for my 71 SS. I recently had a fuel leak, tried to tighten the filter housing and stripped the threads. 😬 I found a new carb body and rebuilt the carb.

You can probably get that fixed but I don’t suggest the builder that I used. Lol. Well actually I can recommend him for that because he’s not actually rebuilding it just fixing the threads,it doesn’t have to run a car when he’s done 😂

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

I belive them threads can be repaired somehow.

4 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I belive them threads can be repaired somehow.

I will be looking into that as I’ve heard that there could be a fix. I still have the body and plan to rebuild it again if possible some day. I needed a quick solution to get the car running again and now I can take my time finding the right solution for the proper date coded carb.

There’s a guy on the corvette forums named Lars. He does all kinds of q-jet work. I believe he’s in the north west part of the states. Then there’s a guy in Ohio, Joe reminded me of, Cliff Riggles. I know Cliff had at least a year backlog when I had mine done. 

Thanks for the info guys, but just looking for something that will start the car. I can get it running with my other cars carb but want to buy something that will stay running and put the other carb back where it belongs.

Thanks

3 hours ago, willie said:

Thats ok guys, I am going to call a carb guy this afternoon and see if he has something.   And I LOVE the dancing bears Steve!!!!     LOL

You need to get your eyes checked Willie. They look like them dang bananas again. Dairy Queen needs to sell more banana splits to get rid of them. Lol.