Another Local Show

Glen

58 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Great pics but my guess is your prejudice (but I like it) and I’m also going to bet that took more than 1 beer to post. 

I’d have to say you’re correct on both points 😂 And once again, I’m the only first gen in attendance. 

Great pictures and looks like a good time.

We're supposed to go to a cars & coffee tomorrow morning, hopefully it'll be nice weather. Projected to be hundreds of cars too I think, at least it was in the past when I went one other time, pre-covid. Time is running out for the season and it seems more people are coming out. The one last Monday at the old Wurlitzer factory was nearly full, which typically means 500-550+ cars. This Monday will be the last one of the year for that place....☹️

went to occ college car show a good amount of cars i talked to tom and his friend with a 70 ss  we saw a ace ventura monte lookalike sorry no pics computer illiterate. went to clayton vintage&classic last saturday only monte there any generation pics on their website

5 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

went to occ college car show a good amount of cars i talked to tom and his friend with a 70 ss  we saw a ace ventura monte lookalike sorry no pics computer illiterate. went to clayton vintage&classic last saturday only monte there any generation pics on their website

Was supposed to be there too Bob but something else came up so I couldn't make it, maybe Wednesday night at 3 rivers its the last one this year.

Forgot to mention… ran into a now-retired coworker at the show who I haven’t seen in a few years. Turns out he has a ‘72 Monte (he didn’t bring it as he kinda stumbled upon the show passing by) that be picked up about 5 years ago… I had no idea he was a car guy, let alone a First Gen guy. He never heard of the FGMCC, so I told him all about it and provided him a link to the site. Hopefully he jumps on board in the near future. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Glen, I see 2 pics of your baby. Love the creative license plate! Lolol

8 minutes ago, willie said:

Glen love your car color, those pics and your plate!!!!

Thanks gents!  I wish I had a nickel for every time I had to respond to “whats your plate mean”?   I got a lot of complements on the color, a few people didn’t believe that Shadow Gray was a factory color… “I’ve only seen black, red, white, green and a few blues”.  I got lucky when I found this one. 

What a great collection of amazing cars, including the star of the show!  Your photography is also amazing - thanks for sharing!

Regarding the vanity plate - maybe I just don't get it, but why ZXX instead of Z20?  Are you suggesting your '70 is not a true SS or was Z20 already "taken" for your licensing area?  In any case, your '70 is simply gorgeous - muscular, unmolested, understated elegance!

10 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Looks like a nice show, where was it? Maybe some day there could be 2 first gens there

This was in Palos Hills, see the attached screenshot. I forgot to ask how often they have this, but I’ll try to find out and get back to you. 

65CC6F7C-79B7-4928-9E6C-AA402B4087A2.jpeg

9 hours ago, MCfan said:

What a great collection of amazing cars, including the star of the show!  Your photography is also amazing - thanks for sharing!

Regarding the vanity plate - maybe I just don't get it, but why ZXX instead of Z20?  Are you suggesting your '70 is not a true SS or was Z20 already "taken" for your licensing area?  In any case, your '70 is simply gorgeous - muscular, unmolested, understated elegance!

Yes sir, there was a nice assortment of very nice cars. And thanks for the compliment on my photography skills!  And you should write for automobile magazines with your descriptive verbiage!

regarding the license plate… the people at the Secretary of State for the fine state of Ill-ANNOY prohibit you from certain sequences of numbers and letters on personalized or vanity plates. The restrictions are even more so on vanity plates. Trust me when I tell you I tried for RPO Z20…

4C807830-1A8E-49D8-85A9-D9178E5949EB.png

1FA282BE-F5F8-418A-BDAE-F288A2E70939.png

25 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

Glen, my wife is a bit sharper than I am but I mentioned your plate to her and she said it sure I get it. I said what do you mean? She says that XX is twenty in noman numerals.  

Oh I didn't get that either,  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Glen, my wife is a bit sharper than I am but I mentioned your plate to her and she said it sure I get it. I said what do you mean? She says that XX is twenty in noman numerals.  

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Oh I didn't get that either,  I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed 🤣🤣🤣

I got tears in my eyes I’m laughing so hard at these comments. 

• Haha 1

Local cruise in tonight Bob and I were there along with another 72 and I parked right next to a red 70 but never got a chance to talk to the owner. I did talk to an owner of a 75 monte also and another guy with an 85 monte. Final cruise in this season at this place, a little chilly but nice.

20210929_180536.jpg

• Like 2