Original color of speaker covers?

Brew

On 9/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, Brew said:

I’m replacing package tray & was wondering what the original color of these was...thx

58066426-AD4C-4636-AC17-5D322101EA9A.jpeg

Now you got me thinkin’… the cutouts for your speaker(s) look like mine… like someone used a butter knife to saw thru the package tray.  The first time I noticed this, I thought that maybe somebody did a hack job at some point. I’ll take pix tomorrow for comparison. 

Yep… if I were a gamblin’ man (which, as luck has it, I am) I’d wager they used the same butter knife for the speaker cut outs on our package trays, Brew🤣

Not the best quality pictures as I had to take them from inside the car, but it’s quite obvious that their QC was lacking in this area…

CCD6FA33-FF8A-45EF-BECD-56D955DF6262.jpeg

102A3096-09B1-4E2F-B279-0B44287437AB.jpeg

I cut mine own out. I do not know if the package tray that was in the car when I got it was original. But I believe it was. I looked at how it was done & mimicked that. The holes I cut out line up with the holes in the metal.

you have to get the holes for speaker cover screws absolutely perfectly aligned. That was fun. 

I’ve installed a few of these package trays over the years. I make sure the tray is exactly where it needs to be in the car then I try to keep the knife as sharp as possible when cutting and simply follow the shape of the hole in the metal. The holes for the grill studs I drill from underneath with weight on the tray.

• Like 1