How is the backseat insulation attached?

Brew

Question:  

regarding backseat reupholstery, my Monte has springs in the backseat, but all I’ve seen is foam replacement cushions for NON spring seating. Am I missing something, or will an upholstery shop just rebuild both pieces with jute?  I have the new vinyl covers ready to go, just not sure if I need to source material and bring it to the shop or if they’ll just fabricate it. Thanks for any input. 

9 hours ago, Dtret said:

I would just call them and ask. I would assume that any “real” Upolstry shop would have accessories like that in stock. 

You read my mind… I actually took a ride there with the Monte so they can get a look at what they’ll be dealing with.

Yes, they will hand make the backseat. Aannnnnddddd, they were also kind enough to point out that my B pillar windlaces are kinda beat up (the two pieces I DIDN’T already order).  So OPG got some more of my money today… windlaces and Dynamat ordered.  Sh*t never ends 😂

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

You read my mind… I actually took a ride there with the Monte so they can get a look at what they’ll be dealing with.

Yes, they will hand make the backseat. Aannnnnddddd, they were also kind enough to point out that my B pillar windlaces are kinda beat up (the two pieces I DIDN’T already order).  So OPG got some more of my money today… windlaces and Dynamat ordered.  Sh*t never ends 😂

If you get really sick of that beautiful Monte I'm close by and would be happy to take it off your hands....

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

No it doesn’t. 

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

Does that mean more backorders?

6 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

If you get really sick of that beautiful Monte I'm close by and would be happy to take it off your hands....

That’s the most stand-up thing anyone’s ever said to me, Paul!  I sincerely appreciate your genuine concern 🤣😂

• Haha 1