2022 Eastern Meet Informational Thread

Rob Peters

This thread will provide information to members who have already committed to attending the 2022 Eastern Meet in Carlisle, Pa.  I am going to lock this thread to prevent replies so the replies don't hide the information needed for others.  If you have any questions or comments please address them to me by a Private Message here on the boards or in an email to me at rob29ford@aol.com.  

My first informational post will following this message.

Rob Peters

Good Evening to you all,

If you are receiving this email it is because I have you on the list as coming to the FGMCC 2022 Eastern Meet in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

This is shaping up to be one of the largest Eastern Meets we have ever had.  As of tonight only one room is left in our block of rooms at the club host hotel.  I have requested extra rooms but I don't have much hope in getting any rooms added to our block.  It seems the hotel is already almost totally sold out.

If in the future it looks like you will not be able to attend but are holding a reservation please do not cancel your room because it looks like I will have to start a list of members in need of a room and I would like to fill our "Block Rooms" with club members and if you cancel your room we may lose that room from our block.

REGISTERING YOUR CAR:
If you have not already registered your car please do so as soon as possible.  If we get enough early registrations the Carlisle Events people will provide the club with a free club canopy.  I also ask you to properly register your car in the appropriate class.  You can register your car by going to the following link:  https://store.carlisleevents.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2022-031

When registering your car please use the following guidelines:
STOCK CLASS:  In stock class your car will need to be as close to how it originally left the factory.  You will not be allowed any more than 3 alterations from factory correct.  Each individual item from factory correct will be considered an alteration.  In other words if you have a non factory air cleaner that is one alteration.  If you have non factory valve covers that is an alteration, if you have after market headers that is another alteration, if you have visible electronic ignition that is an alteration.  Each alteration is an individual alteration.  If you have an after market radio that is an alteration.  If you have pin striping that is an alteration.  

STREET CLASS:  In street class your car would be allowed 4 to 6 alterations from factory correct.  Again, each individual item from factory correct will be considered an alteration.

MODIFIED CLASS:  In modified Class any car with 7 or more alterations will be considered Modified.  

We do allow safety items that will not be counted as alterations such as passenger side rear view mirrors or after-market 3-point seat belts.  If you have any questions on safety modifications please ask me if they will be accepted as a non-alteration.

For those arriving on Thursday, we will have our usual Pizza Party for our Thursday Dinner.  As usual this will be a per person charge for the pizza and everyone will supply their own beverages.  Unless prices have gone up I am going to try to keep the cost at the usual $5.00 Per Person.

On Friday and Saturday we will leave the hotel as a group and gather outside the show field gates and try to enter the field as a group.  I am in the process of starting to arrange the club Award Dinner for Saturday evening.  With a group this large it will present issues of finding a venue large enough for all of us.  More news on this will follow.  

This will be the first message to all members who will be attending.  As more news develops I will send additional emails and posts here on the boards to keep you all updated.  

All questions should be directed to me at my email of rob29ford@aol.com

Rob Peters
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mark, One thing you will need to do is become a dues paying member of the club.  You can find how to become a dues paying member of the club by going to the first forum on the boards which is callled "New Members? and look at the first post on that page.  If you have any questions after that you can email or Private Message me. 

You can find all of the information you will need is click on the picture below:  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I will be sending out informational emails to everyone who I have on my list that are attending the Eastern Meet.  I sent the first one out this morning.  I will also start posting these emails here in this thread starting with the one I sent today.  If you see one of these messages here that you have not also received in an email please let me know so I can get you added to the email list.

Here is the email I sent out this afternoon:

Good Afternoon,

If you are receiving this email it means you have indicated to me that you are planning to attend the upcoming Eastern Meet in Carlisle, PA.

You will be receiving some upcoming informational emails so everyone is on the same page.  Please keep in mind that all of these emails will be "Group Emails" going out to at least 50 of our members.  If you are going to respond to any of these emails please DO NOT select "Reply To All" for your reply.  I request this so we are not hitting all of these members with unnecessary email replies.

We will have a number of members who this will be their first Eastern Meet in Carlisle.  I expect these members may have more questions than members who have attended multiple Carlisle Eastern Meets.  These informational emails will attempt to cover most questions that may come up.  If anyone has any questions please feel free to send those questions to me and I will answer those questions.  If I feel thes questions presented to me need to be known to others I will reply to these messages to the whole group with the question and answer.

What I will try to do when I send these emails is copy the content of the informational email and add it as an attachment you can print out so you have it for a reference.  I will also try to remember to post all of these informational emails on the Eastern Meet Forum on the club website.

I am heavy into the runup planning of the meet doing things like printing our club judging forms, designing and printing our club dash placards, preparing the member’s name badges, gathering door prizes, arranging for a location that can accommodate over 100 people for our Award Dinner and many other things.  I will also be reaching out, in some of these emails, looking for people who are willing to volunteer to assist during the meet because for a meet as large as this one has turned out to be assistance will be needed.  I have already had some members offering assistance which is wonderful.  

As of today we have 54 member registrations.  As always, I do expect a cancellation or two due to unforeseen obstacle’s but I also expect to hear from some new registrations.  I am really looking forward to seeing you all at the meet.

Rob Peters

• Like 2

Below is a copy of an email I sent on 2/24/2022 to members who are signed up with me that they are attending.  If you are signed up with me and did not receive this email please let me know:  

Here is information on hotel and trailer parking I have also attached this information in an attached word document in case you would like to print it out and save it for reference:

HOTEL INFORMATION, PARKING AND TRAILER PARKING

People who have attended past Eastern Meets, that I have hosted, already know this but we do have members who this will be their first Eastern Meet so I wanted to share this information with everyone.

SHOW CAR PARKING:  Members can either leave their cars on the Carlisle Events Show Field (they have overnight security) or if driving your show car to and from the show field the hotel is going to rope off a section specifically for our club. Non show cars should take parking spaces outside our roped off area.

TRAILER PARKING:  In front of the hotel is a large circular drive with plenty of parking for trailers and in past years nobody has ever had any issues of trailer tampering. Some members choose to leave their car tow trailers in an area at the show field set aside for tow trailers.  It is your choice where you want to leave your car trailer

TOW VEHICLE PARKING:  Many of our members park their tow vehicles in the circular driveway in front of the hotel with their trailers.  You can park in the hotel parking lot if space allows

CAR WASHING:  On Wednesday and Thursday the hotel will have a hose set up for us in the parking lot for us to wash our cars.  There is also a nearby pay wash bay car wash.  At the show field Carlisle Events also has an area for washing cars and supply a hose and nozzle for each of the wash spots. (The wash area at the show field is out in the open with no shade.

HOTEL ISSUES:  I have contracted with this hotel for our club Eastern Meet and Mini-Meets since the year after this hotel opened.  We have never had issues at this hotel with the exception of one year when, due to prior guests in a room had left food that attracted ants and for that member the hotel moved them to another room so they could have the ant issue taken care of. 

I would ask if anyone has any room or hotel issues to please contact me and I will address these issues with the hotel so we can quickly get them resolved.

Address any questions to me at:  rob29ford@aol.com

rob

CLUB PARTICIPATION AWARD

In 2020 our club took first place in Club Participation at the GM Nationals.  Last year we did not have our Eastern Meet in Carlisle but I did host a Mini-Meet there and we had around 40 First Gen Monte’s but the Pontiac Fiero Club took that away from us because they had their big National Meet there but we did come in Second Last Year.

Carlisle Events has informed me that the Fiero Club is holding another large meet there again this year and it is very possible they will take first place again.  BUT, there is nothing wrong with us shooting for the start.  As of right now we have over 50 members with cars registered using our club as their club affiliation.

It is not too late to talk up this meet up with other people you know and let’s get as many cars registered using the First Generation Monte Carlo Club as their club affiliation.  The registered cars do not have to be a Monte Carlo. 

Bottom Line is I think we may have a lock on Second Place on Club Participation but nothing wrong with shooting for First Place.

Our largest number of First Generation Monte Carlo’s at any meet was in 2020 for the 50th Anniversary of Monte Carlo and that year we had 57 First Generation Monte Carlo’s on the show field.  With the numbers we have registered as of February 15, 2020 and still a little over 4 months till the meet we could easily reach or surpass that number so if you know anyone with a First Gen Monte that is on the fence about attending, please urge them to get their car registered and bring it.  If you know people who have more than one First Gen Monte, urge them to bring as many as they can find drivers for.

• Like 4

THURSDAY EVENING PIZZA PARTY

AND GO-CART RACING

On Thursday evening we will be having our usual Pizza Party at the hotel.  This is always a popular activity for our members who arrive early. 

For the Pizza Party we collect around $6.00 per person and order enough assorted pizza’s to fill everyone’s hunger needs.  We have never had anyone go away hungry.  Since everyone’s desire for beverages is different, we ask everyone to bring their own beverages for the pizza party.  Since most members already have their beverages for our evening “Bench Racing” bringing them for the pizza party should create no issues.

Following the Pizza Party we will leave as a group with everyone who is interested in some spirited go-cart racing.  The Go-Cart racing will be a weather permitting activity.  We will caravan to the Carlisle Sports Emporium for this activity and everyone can leave there on their own to return to the club host hotel.

At a later date I will be sending an email only to members who are arriving Wednesday and Thursday to try to get a count on how many will be attending the Pizza Party.  I don’t need to know this now so at this point in time I do not need a response on this.

WHAT IS THIS BENCH RACING I HAVE BEEN HEARING ABOUT

For those who have never attended one of our meets, Bench Racing is an activity that is one of the most popular functions of any meet.  Bench Racing is simply where every evening we all gather in the parking lot of the host hotel with our folding chairs, bringing the beverage and snacks of our own choice.  We usually start with the first members arriving in the parking lot assembling their chairs in a small circle in front and behind of our parked cars and sit there and tell some stories and tell some jokes and maybe even tell some lies. 

Bench Racing is nothing more than our happy hour/social hour get together where we really get to know each other.  Many, many long lasting friendships have been solidified during our bench racing sessions and there have also been times where needed “Repair Seminar’s” have happened.  Sometimes these repair seminars are a leadup to knowing who will be awarded the “Hard Luck” award at our Award dinner.

rob

• Like 3

SATURDAY AWARD DINNER

We will have a group award dinner on Saturday Evening.  At this dinner we will be presenting our club awards.  This will be a buffet dinner with a nice selection of food to select from.  The price for this dinner will be $21.00 per person with kids 13 and under for $7.00.  The buffet dinner will include your salad, roll, entree, non-alcoholic beverages and tip.  If you feel you will want an adult beverage you are welcome to bring your own.  In the past 5 meets the price for this was $19.00 per person but with inflation we have had to bump this up. 

To speed up this process I will be collecting cash from everyone for this dinner when you arrive and check in with me for your registration folder and name badges

I have locked in our catering service and have heard back from Carlisle Events that they will allow us to use a building right on the show field due to it being hard for anyplace that could accommodate a group as large as ours.  

CLUB AND CARLISLE EVENTS AWARD VOTING

When you check in with me when you arrive at the meet you will be given a folder and in folder, one of the things will be your member voting sheet.  You will need to fill out the club voting form and return it to me by noon on Saturday.  Please note, this will be our club voting for our club awards. 

Carlisle Events will also have their own participant judging forms that will be the judging for the Carlisle Events Awards.  If you pre-register your car with Carlisle Events, in the mail you will receive a window registration sticker and a letter.  The sticker will go on your windshield on the upper drivers side windshield.  You will need to keep that letter too because with that letter you will go to a building on the show field and use that letter to pick up a Carlisle goodie bag and Carlisle Judging sheet. So basically, you will have two different voting forms to fill out.

The FGMCC voting sheet will be used to vote only for our club car voting.  On the Carlisle Events voting sheet you will vote not only for first generation Monte Carlo’s but also other generation Monte’s and maybe Chevelle’s and other cars.

Our judging sheets will be turned in to me and the Carlisle Events sheet will be turned in at the building where you will pick up your Carlisle Events goodie bag.

Saturday Evening Award Dinner Flier:

FGMCC AWARDS DINNER

CARLISLE EVENTS BUILDING “R”

Building “R” Is Next To The Kids Area

For this year’s Award Dinner, to speed things up we are going with a Buffet Dinner.  Also we don’t have to wait for individual checks we will ask for payment up front in the amount of $21.00 per person which will cover the cost of your dinner, drinks, taxes and gratuity.  For Children 13 and under the cost will be $7.00.   I will collect this money anytime from check in up to early Saturday morning since I will need to give the restaurant an accurate count. 

Due to the number of people we are scheduled to have at the meet this year we have moved the dinner from Marcello’s Restaurant.  Unfortunately no other restaurant can handle a group this large.  Carlisle Events has agreed to let our club use this building free of charge.  The good news is, even though Marcello’s Restaurant can’t handle a group this large, Marcello’s Restaurant cater this event.

The price of the Buffet will include a tossed salad, garlic bread and water, soft drinks, tea or coffee!!!!

On the buffet will be the following:

CHICKEN PARMIGIANA

Breaded Chicken Breast baked in our family recipe red tomato sauce and topped

with fresh basil and fresh melted mozzarella cheese

CHICKEN PRIMAVERA

Fresh Tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and spinach sautéed with fresh mushrooms, garlic and broccoli, in a

red or white sauce

LASAGNA

RAVIOLI

Since this dinner will be held on Carlisle Events Grounds, Adult Beverages are allowed but you will have to supply your own.  PLEASE if you do remember you will be driving back to your hotel in you Monte Carlo.  The caterer will supply water, soda and iced tea for your meal.

Dinner will be at 5:30 on Saturday June 25, 2022

• Like 1

THURSDAY MORNING GROUP CRUISE

On Thursday Morning we will leave the hotel as a group and caravan to the “Eastern Museum of Motor Racing”.

This Museum does not charge any admission but does accept donations.  They are not usually open on Thursday but have agreed to open for our group   Here is a link to their website https://emmr.org/

I am going to be asking for a count on how many will be interested in this activity.  We will depart from the Fairfield Inn Thursday morning but the exact time is not set as yet.  I think it is approximately a 20 to 30 minute drive.  More than likely this will be a self-guided tour of the museum but I think they may also offer some guided groups if we want them. 

Everyone will be able to return to the hotel on their schedule with everyone leaving the museum by 11:30 to Noon to return to the hotel.

So I can start a list of those who will participate in this group cruise please respond to this email with how many in your group will be attending and if you will be driving your Monte to the museum.  You can email me at rob29ford@aol.com

COOLEST CLUB HANG-OUT ON SHOW FIELD

Carlisle Events awards a banner to the car club that has the “Coolest Club Hang-out”

In 2020 our club won this award banner and last year the Fiero Club took this banner away from us.  We need to come up with a way that we can bring this banner back home to the First Generation Monte Carlo Club. 

I am looking for a couple volunteers to come up with some ideas on decorating our club canopy.  I know a couple members have Knights that they bring and we have been know to decorate these knights to draw attention.  One of the knights even supported a cigarette and club jacket.  I am sure we can talk the members to bring their knights again this year. 

I have made hand made numerous Monte Carlo castle style flags/banners with the Monte Carlo Grill emblem on each of them that we can display.  I would like to see at least one American Flag for the club to display.  There are many ways we can decorate the club canopy to draw attention to the judges

As a group on Thursday, we will go to the show field as a group to do this decorating.  The decoration as a group usually only takes about a half hour. 

If you would like to volunteer head up the decorating of the club canopy, please let me know and let me know what ideas you may have for the decorations.

If anyone has some suggestions, please let us know, let’s knock this one out of the park.

Address any questions to me at rob29ford@aol.com

rob

Good Afternoon,

One of our members sent me a suggestion.  Jack Cooper has suggested we try to get one member from each state or province to bring a state/province flag to the meet to display and let people know that those are the flags of state's and province's represented at our meet.  

I think this is a neat idea but I would suggest that the flags would need to be not flag pole size flags which are I think usually 3' X 5' because I don't think we would have room to display them along with the others banners we will have.  Maybe flags a little smaller.  Would anyone have any suggestions on how to display these flags or some other way to represent the states/provinces  represented in Carlisle?  

If we had smaller flags from each state or proivince we could maybe string a line from one side of the club canopy to the other and hang them.  Maybe if were were able to print out a picture of each one and put them on a poster board and display them that way.  We are open to suggestions.  We have a very nice group of people coming and I am sure we could find a way to do something like this.

rob

The below email was sent to everyone planning to attend the Eastern Meet in June:  

Good Afternoon,

In an email recently I told you that member Jack Cooper has suggested displaying state flags at our canopy from every state being represented by members in attendance at this years Eastern Meet.  This suggestion from Jack has been a real hit from our membership.

Jack is a retired school teacher and when he was teaching Jack always did something very nice to honor our veterans each year.  One of the years he ordered and displayed state flags in the class room.  When Jack retired he left the flags with the school.  One of the issues with Jacks suggestion for the Eastern Meet where it was suggested one member from each state bring a state flag with them to be displayed.  The Issue came in that we will have liminted room to display this many flags if they were not of uniform size/shape.  To remedy this and all of the legwork it would require Jack has told me that he is going to contact the school to see if he can borrow those state flags to use for our Eastern Meet.  

Again, Jack's idea of displaying these flags was met with a very large positive response.  A big Thank You goes out to Jack for heading up this project and his willingness to approch the school to see if we can borrow the flags for the meet.  

Please keep in mind that this is a group email and to please, if you want to comment, DO NOT "Reply To All"

Rob Peters

Here is a copy of another informational email I sent out today.  Please let me know if you can help.

KIDS ACTIVITIES

In the First Generation Monte Carlo Club is something we frequently refer to as our “Monte Family”

At our meets we welcome our members to bring their children or grandchildren.  At our Eastern Meet there is usually anywhere from 6 to 10 kids in attendance.  We are looking at kids from I think 12 to 19 or years of age. 

Many of these kids have been coming to our meets for many years and have formed friendships over these years.

If anyone would be interested in volunteering to plan some activities for our Monte Family Kids please let me know.  I will help you out in any way I can to help you make this a success.  This could be outdoor activities, pool area activities, show field activities. It would not need to be all of these areas, they are only suggestions.

If we get a couple volunteers they could work together.

rob29ford@aol.com

In just a few days we will be only 3 months from members starting to arrive in Carlisle for the kickoff of the 2022 Eastern Meet.   

So far, for everyone who has registered with me, I have prepared a folder with everyone's Dash Placard, Member Judging Forms, Itinerary and Award Dinner Information. I have printed and made up name badges for all membrers and their guests.  I have boxed all of the door prizes I have collected so far and placed them in storage with my car.  I have arranged with Carlisle Events to use a building on the fair grounds to host our Award Dinner.  Soon I will have the Award Plaque graphics so I can proof read them and get them to the Plaque Maker.  I still have feelers out for several other goodie bag and door prizes.

As you can see, things are well underway for your 2022 Eastern meet.  If anyone has any questions please let me know.  Below is a request for assistance for the planning of some Thursday afternoon games.  

Also, I have an update for you on the suggestion from Jack Cooper regarding the hanging of state flags in the club canopy.  Jack Cooper had volunteered to purchase a set of state flags and I heard from him a couple days ago that he has already received those flags and will bring them with him to the meet.  What we won't have is a flag from the Canadian area/areas represented by members.  I am sure we can figure out that as we get closer.

Thanks to everyone who has offered assistance.
Rob 

THURSDAY HOTEL GAMES

On Thursday afternoon we would like to have 2 or 3 games, either driving games or stand-alone games.

I am looking for a member that would be willing to plan these games.  If you would be willing to volunteer be a part of this activity, please contact me.  I will try to come up with a prize for up to 3 game activities.

30 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Also, I have an update for you on the suggestion from Jack Cooper regarding the hanging of state flags in the club canopy.  Jack Cooper had volunteered to purchase a set of state flags and I heard from him a couple days ago that he has already received those flags and will bring them with him to the meet.  What we won't have is a flag from the Canadian area/areas represented by members.  I am sure we can figure out that as we get closer.

Right after I posted the above message I heard from Sue Bunjes saying that she and Roy will be bringing a Canadian Flag.  They are also bringing "Sir Carlos" (a knight in armor) and Sir Carlos will be holding their Canadian Flag.

Thanks Roy and Sue!!!

rob

If you have registered with me to attend the 2022 Eastern Meet you should have received the below email.  If you did not receive this email, and are planning to go, please let me know.  Based upon the comments I have already heard back on it lokls like we will have a very nice caravan going to the museum of auto racing.  Here is the content of the email.

Good Afternoon To You All,

I need to start gathering information for our Thursday activities.

The two activities I am talkig about are the Thursday Morning cruist to the car museum and the Thursday evening Pizza Party.

Please remember these messages I send out are group messages so when you reply please DO NOT "Reply To All"

Please reply to each question individually:  

FIRST QUESTION:  
Will you be going to the car museum and will you be driving your Monte Carlo?  YES or NO

SECOND QUESTION:
Will you be participating in the Thursday Evening Pizza Party?    YES or NO
If "YES",  How many people?

Thanks
Rob Peters

Today we had the 60th member contact me and told me he is planning to come to the Eastern Meet.  He won't be able to bring his car but 60 members planning to attend is a very nice number to look forward to seeing.

rob

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We are only 7 weeks away from kicking off the Eastern Meet.  Things are moving along very well and moving from the Planning Stage to the Final Preparation Stage.  

All of the name badges have been printed and placed into the name badge plastic holders,  All of the member check-in folders have been prepared with member judging forms, member judging dash cards have been printed, the itinerary, award dinner menu and any other items the members will need..  The Award Dinner location and menu have been set up.  The Club Award Plaques have been ordered and received.  Most of the door prizes and goodie bag items have been received.  I will be trying to tie up any loose ends over the next few weeks.

I do have a few loose ends that some assistance will be needed.  They are listed below:

FGMCC Kids At Carlisle--  Awhile back I asked if anyone would be interested in planning a few activities for the kids that would be coming.  Below is the information I sent out.  If anyone would like to volunteer for this please let me know:

In the First Generation Monte Carlo Club is something we frequently refer to as our “Monte Family”

At our meets we welcome our members to bring their children or grandchildren.  At our Eastern Meet there is usually anywhere from 6 to 10 kids in attendance.  We are looking at kids from I think 12 to 19 or years of age. 

Many of these kids have been coming to our meets for many years and have formed friendships over these years.

If anyone would be interested in volunteering to plan some activities for our Monte Family Kids please let me know.  I will help you out in any way I can to help you make this a success.  This could be outdoor activities, pool area activities, show field activities. It would not need to be all of these areas, they are only suggestions.

If we get a couple volunteers they could work together.

Thursday Afternoon Member Games- Awhile back I asked if anyone would be interested in planning some games for our members.  Here is the message I had sent out and as yet I have not had any members show an interest in planning and running some games:

On Thursday afternoon we would like to have 2 or 3 games, either driving games or stand-alone games.

I am looking for a member that would be willing to plan these games.  If you would be willing to volunteer be a part of this activity, please contact me.  I will try to come up with a prize for up to 3 game activities.

Coolest Club Hangout-  Carlisle Events gives a banner to the club on the show field that decorates their Club Canopy.  We won this award in 2020 and were edged out by the Fiero club last year.  Let's try to get this award back this year.  At this point in time we have a couple members bringing Knights go decorate the canopy and member Jack Cooper has purchased state flags that we will display at the canopy with with a state flag for every state that is being represented by a club member.  Member Steve Lavoie is bringing an American Flag and Sue and Roy Bunjes are bringing a Canadian.  

I was also wondering if by chance anyone has a Ukraine flag we could maybe display that too.

If anyone has any kind of Knight or Castle theme items we could display we could also do that.  We are open to any ideas.  Here is the message I sent out awhile back:

Carlisle Events awards a banner to the car club that has the “Coolest Club Hang-out”

In 2020 our club won this award banner and last year the Fiero Club took this banner away from us.  We need to come up with a way that we can bring this banner back home to the First Generation Monte Carlo Club. 

I am looking for a couple volunteers to come up with some ideas on decorating our club canopy.  I know a couple members have Knights that they bring and we have been know to decorate these knights to draw attention.  One of the knights even supported a cigarette and club jacket.  I am sure we can talk the members to bring their knights again this year. 

I have made hand made numerous Monte Carlo castle style flags/banners with the Monte Carlo Grill emblem on each of them that we can display.  I would like to see at least one American Flag for the club to display.  There are many ways we can decorate the club canopy to draw attention to the judges

As a group on Thursday, we will go to the show field as a group to do this decorating.  The decoration as a group usually only takes about a half hour. 

If you would like to volunteer head up the decorating of the club canopy, please let me know and let me know what ideas you may have for the decorations.

If anyone has some suggestions, please let us know, let’s knock this one out of the park.

Address any questions to me at rob29ford@aol.com 

Thursday Pizza Party-  We have a very large group who are planning to participate in the Thursday Evening Pizza Party at the hotel.  I do not need any volunteers for this.  For everyone joining in for the Pizza Party the cost will be $6.00 Per person.  If possible please have exact change for this activity, it will make the collection for this much easier.

Awards Dinner-   The dinner buffet for the Awards Dinner will be a prepaid thing at the cost of $21.00 per each adult and child 14 and older and $7.00 for each child up to and including 13 year olds.  I will be collecting this money and getting a head count for the restaurant when you check in with me.  To make this go smoother, please have exact change for this upon checking in with me.

Now all we have to do is wait the the big event to arrive

Thanks To All for your participation 

Rob Peters

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Below is an email I sent out to everyone who has registered with me for the Eastern Meet.  

Hello East Meet Attendees,
Well, the Eastern meet is approaching and I am trying to wrap up the Pre-planning. 

I am still getting registrations from members but we are in the home stretch.  According to the numbers Carlisle Events has given me we have some members who have registered with Carlisle Events but not registered with me. 

At this point in time, I am still getting responses on all of the requests I sent to vendors requesting door prize and goodie bag items. 
The Thursday Morning group cruise to the Eastern Museum Of Racing is all set.  I have contacted them and given them a count of how many Montes to expect and how many members.  Just a reminder.  This Museum is a free to attend.  That said, they do accept donations.  This is a not for profit museum so please consider making a donation so this museum can stay in business.  The are not usually open on Thursday so they are opening specifically for our group.

Wednesday-  I hope to arrive at the hotel around lunch time on Wednesday.  On the agenda for Wednesday afternoon will be to make up all of the Goodie Bags for our attendees.  Please keep in mind I will be accepting any help our members are willing to provide to do this task.  If we get enough members with hands on to prep the goodie bags this will go fast.
The hotel is going to rope off an area in the parking lot for our show cars.  They will also be providing a hose on Wednesday and Thursday for washing of the cars.

In previous emails I have asked for volunteers for some things.
·       -  -Kids Activities-  We should have 9 or 10 kids in attendance at this meet.  If anyone would like to plan a couple activities for the kids it would be greatly appreciated.  If anyone would be interested please contact me and I may be able to suggest something.  The kids coming are mostly 10 to 19 years of age.  In years past many of these kids have been attending and they seem to pretty much hang around together at the hotel and even at the show field.  Just like the adults who many keep in touch with each other, many of the kids also do this and even keep in touch through the year

·        --Thursday member games-  I am still looking for someone to volunteer to put together two or three games for our members for at the hotel on Thursday afternoon.  More than likely 2 games would be enough.  I will provide a prize for these games.  These games can be either driving games or some other game a member could do sitting down or standing up.  If you would like to volunteer, please notify me.
·         I need to take a picture of each and every member in attendance.  If you are bringing a car this picture would be with you and everyone in your party standing with your car.  If you are not bringing a car the picture will be of just you and those in your party and can be taken at the hotel or on the show field.  (I am going to try to take all of these pictures myself but if things get real crazy I may ask for someone to assist me with the picture taking.)  For Wednesday and Thursday arrivals I will want to get the picture of you, your group and your car when you do your check-in with me.

Club Registration: 
·         I have prepared a registration folder for everyone who has registered with me.  Inside this folder will be a member judging sheet, club business cards, club registration dash placard for member judging, an itinerary and information regarding the Saturday Evening Awards Dinner.  There may be other items to go into the club registration folder.
·         I have also prepared name badges for every member who has pre-registered with me,  When you check in with me you will receive your name badge along with a name badge for everyone in your party along with a lanyard.  On Saturday evening at the awards dinner all of these name badges and lanyards will be turned in to me.  We will use these name badges to draw for our club door prizes when we return to the hotel.
·         Club Registration Dash Placards-  Every member of the club will receive a color dash placard that will go onto your dash so our members can properly judge your car by class.  Each class (Stock, Street and Modified will each have a different color.  I would urge members to place these dash cards inside their car as soon as possible so members will be able to start looking at all of the cars to start doing their “Pre-Judging”.  When you pick up your Carlisle Events goodie bag they will give you another dash placard which will be used for the GM Nationals judging.  On the Carlisle Events show field our cars will all be parked by “Class” so your Carlisle Events and FGMCC car class will have to match.

Please note.  For those attending the Thursday evening pizza party and the Awards dinner.  Both of these things will be pre-paid.  I will collect this money when you do your club registration with me.  The Pizza Party cost will be $6.00 per person.  Please have exact change for this, it will make it faster and easier. 

The Awards dinner:  This will also be a pre-paid item.  I will collect the money for this when you check in with me and get your registration folder.  When you pay, I will give you a wrist band that you will wear to the award dinner.  Please don’t lose your wrist bands because that is how the restaurant will know you have already paid for your dinner.  The cost for the award dinner buffet is $21.00 per person and $7.00 for each person 13 and under.  To help this check-in process go faster please try to have correct change for this.

I am sure there may be more update emails over the next weeks as I think of things.  If you have any questions please shoot me a PM on the boards or by email at rob29ford@aol.com

Regards,
Rob Peters

The below email was sent to members who have registered with me to attend the Eastern meet and I am also posting it here.

Hi Eastern Meet Attendees,

As you know the Eastern meet is only 5 weeks away.  A large number of members will be arriving on Wednesday followed by an even larger number arriving on Thursday.  In this email I want to address a couple things, “Club Participation Award” and “Coolest Club Hang-Out Award”.

“CLUB PARTICIPATION AWARD”

The club with the largest number of registrations, listing their club as their club affiliation, will receive a banner to display in their club canopy. 

Right now we are neck and neck with the Pontiac Fiero Club and it is going to be a toss up to see who will win.  Please encourage everyone you know with a Monte to attend this event to make sure they list the First Generation Monte Carlo Club as their club affiliation.  If, when you registered your car, you did not list the FGMCC as your club affiliation when you registered it, please be sure to call Carlisle Events and get that added.

If you are bringing something other than a First Gen Monte please be sure to list us as your club on that registration.  If you did not get your car pre-registered in time, please be sure to list our club as your club affiliation when you arrive in Carlisle.

We can still pull this Club Participation Award off, it is not too late!!

“COOLEST CLUB HANGOUT AWARD”

This award is presented to the club who decorates their Club Canopy with the best theme.  I had asked for a member who was willing to take on heading this up but did not get any volunteers to head this up so I will head it up but I am still searching for suggestions from people.

Jack Cooper did suggest we display a state flag for every member who is registered.  Jack has even ordered a set of 50 state flags and will bring those flags with him and we will display them in or around the club canopy.  Roy and Sue Bunjes will be bringing a flag for their Canadian province.

Steve Lavoie is bringing an American Flag that we will display on our Canopy. 

Carlisle Events has teamed up with the Salvation Army and the Lions Club in support of Ukraine and they will be collecting donations to support the Ukraine Relief efforts.  Please consider supporting this effort.  With this in mind I had personally ordered a Ukraine Flag to display at our house along with our home American Flag.  I will also be bringing this flag to display on your club canopy. 

Roy and Sue and Willie Conforti are both bringing their Knights to display at our club canopy and I have made up FGMCC name badges for their Knights. 

We are still looking for decoration Ideas for the club canopy in an effort to win this award.  This could be having an alternating club member at the front of the canopy being able to greet spectators and answering questions about the club or anything else to draw attention to the club and the club canopy. 

Maybe we could have the alternating club member at the front of the club canopy urging spectators to look at the club cars and giving us their choice of their favorite out of all club cars and maybe I could come up with Spectator Award.

Please let me know your ideas.

rob

rob29ford@aol.com

SATURDAY EVENING AWARD DINNER

Since we are going to have such a large group of members for the Saturday Night Buffet Dinner I need to try to get a count of how many people we will have for this dinner.  This will help for us to know how many tables will need to be set up and so I can start preparing the wrist bands.

When I collect your money, please try to have exact change to make the process easier.  At this time, I will give you a wrist band for each of your paid dinners.  So I can get an accurate count for the dinner please and start getting the wrist bands prepared please respond back to me with the number of wrist bands for those 14 and older and how many for those 13 and under.  Please respond even if you are not planning to attend the Award Dinner.  Most members try to attend this award dinner.  This is when we will be handing out the Club Awards. 

As you may remember, when you check in with me in Carlisle to get your member registration folder and goodie bag, I will be collecting the cost of this dinner for those in your group. 

This buffet dinner will include a tossed salad, garlic bread, soft drinks, tea or coffee and the entrée portions will be as follows:

Chicken Parmigiana—Breaded Chicken Breast baked in our family recipe red tomato sauce and topped with fresh basil and fresh melted mozzarella cheese

Chicken Primavera-- Fresh Tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and spinach sauteed with fresh mushrooms, garlic and broccoli in a red or white sauce

Lasagna

&

Ravioli

Since this dinner will be held on Carlisle Events Grounds, Adult Beverages are allowed but you will have to supply your own.  PLEASE if you do remember you will be driving back to your hotel in you Monte Carlo.  The caterer will supply water, soda and iced tea for your meal.

The cost of this buffet dinner will cover the cost of the buffet dinner, drinks, tax and gratuity.  The cost per person for those 14 and older will be $21.00 per person.  The cost for kids 13 and younger will be $7.00 each. 

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at rob29ford@aol.com

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

CLUB EASTERN MEET MEMBER VOTING

i I sent the below email to those registered with me to attend the Eastern meet:

Something has come up regarding FGMCC club voting.  I am sending you this email because our Member Voting sheets are already made up and the itinerary is already printed. 

On our member voting sheet and the itinerary it states your member voting sheets would need to be turned in by noon on Saturday but we have to change that time to 10:00AM on Saturday morning.  The reason for this change is Bob Wiemels and I have been invited to be "Celebrity Judges" at the GM Nationals.  Part of this is a luncheon we will be attending on Saturday at noon.

This change in time will give the officers a chance to count the club votes.  I will need these counts completed by noon so I will know who the winners are because I will need to go and print pictures of the winners to go into the club award plaques,  return to the hotel and insert these pictures into the plaques in time for the Award Dinner.

When you arrive and check in with me you will receive a folder with registration documents.  One of these documents will be your member voting form for the club and another item will be a FGMCC Dash Placard.  Please place this placard on your dash on the show field and even in the hotel parking lot.  Each of the FGMCC Dash Placards will be color coded and marked as per their registration of Stock, Street and Modified Classes.  .Due to the number of members cars that will be on the show field we will urge members to start looking over the club cars not only on the show field on Friday but also begin looking at them in the hotel parking lot on Wednesday and Thursday as well as Friday evening in the hotel parking lot.  This will allow you to start your voting selections.

See you soon in Carlisle.

Rob

I had received some questions from some members regarding the breakfast provided by the hotel.  If any of you have stayed at hotels that had provided free breakfasts prior to Covid hitting know that due to Covid those hotels had either eliminated or greatly what was available to the hotel guests.  

I sent a message to the hotel General Manager and received a response today.  Here is her reply:
"Breakfast – we have gone back to a full breakfast. Marriott has changed what their full breakfast entails, so we are following that and it is a bit different than before Covid. I have something I’ve typed up to use to describe it that I’m just going to copy and paste below here, so that you have the full details and can share with your members."

"Marriott is excited to launch a new breakfast program for their Select Brands (Fairfield, Springhill Suites, TownePlace Suites, and Residence Inn) developed based on recent guest research. Our new breakfast includes; a new bold roast coffee which is Rainforest Alliance Certified and includes 100% Arabica beans, hot breakfast sandwiches with cage-free eggs (similar to what you would buy at a coffee shop) along with other hot items such as quiche, frittatas, and my absolute favorite - jalepeno cheddar souffles! A Waffle Station with our new Sugar Pearl Waffles, a pastry section with a rotation of scones, muffins, and other pastries. We also have a "DIY" or "Make Your Own" bowl station - start with a base of yogurt, cereal, or oatmeal and add your choice of healthy and/or indulgent toppings. In addition, we have fresh fruit, juices, milk and water."

In the contract I negotiated with the hotel it stated they will provide a hose and a wash station for Wednesday and Thursday and I asked about that and here is their reply:

"We will hook up the hose same as last year for the wash area."

On Thursday evening we will be having our Pizza Party and on Friday evening when we return to the hotel from our awards dinner we will have our Door Prize Giveaway.  For both of these activities I have requested the use of the Breakfast/Social Area.  Here is her response  In both of these activities I have promised that, as usual we will clean up after ourselves and carry all garbage to the hotel dumpster.  Here is her response:

"Dining area for Pizza Party on Thursday and for Saturday evening – that all sounds great… you’re welcome to use that area as much as you need and we greatly appreciate how you always tidy up afterwards."

In our contract it is stated the hotel will provide our club with an area strictly for our club members cars.  I have given them a list of how many spaces we will need for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday days and evenings.  Here is their response:  

"We are working on a better way to block off that side parking lot than how we had it last year – hoping to obtain some cones or similar items to do it in a better/neater fashion. Regardless, we will be prepared to block the side parking lot off for your group. I will count the spaces on the side, to ensure that’s enough."

Patsy and I will be heading to Carlisle a week from this Monday.  Due to the amount of stuff I have like door prizes, goodie bag items, registration supplies and canopy decorating items there would not be room in my car for all of this stuff, and my grandkids and luggage.  The hotel has agreed to provide me with a storeroom at the hotel and give me the key to this storeroom so we can store these items until we arrive a week and a half later.  

Rob

• Like 2

• Canuck unpinned this topic