Blue 1972 350-4bbl

Crom Cruach

Congratulations. I watched and was wondering how they were going to get in the car. Only one obvious way. I hope they were gentle. I’m sure they were. The 2nd video did he come back?  Looks like he went out for a test drive himself. Lol. Great looking car. I’m glad you are able to finally meet her in person. Well deserved. I also enjoyed the whole adventure. Minus the rhythmic activity. A little humor never hurts. Lol. Congrats again. Send us more pictures. 

Paul, That is great.  What a nice Christmas present.  I know how excited you must be.  I think the first thing you will notice when you slide in behind the wheel is how big around and thin the steering wheel is.

rob

Congrats Paul!!!!   She is beautiful!!!  I also watched the trip with my fingers crossed. Hoped you wouldn't have a problem, and have her in one piece when she arrived. I am happy for you.   Looks like there were blocks behind the rear tires and then tie downs pulling her back onto blocks to keep her from moving. Maybe they do not put her in park for the trip. They push her in, block and tie down the rear tires and call it a day. When she arrives they take the tie downs and blocks out and pull her out enough to get someone in the door to start her. I certainly hope they didn't squeeze in the door, or walk on the car to get to the front?🥵 (don't know if this correct emoji)

Jesus lads, that was a stressful drive home. The 50 year old tyres failed halfway home. I thought the car was going to shake itself apart. Stopped for fuel and it wouldn’t start because I couldn’t figure out how to turn off the warning light and it must have drained the battery. The connectors are rusty and loose and needed a tighten then a jump start. the tyres have worn back to the wire on the back left, I’d doubt she would have made it another 10 miles. 

anyway, made it home! Tyres first on the list, then bleed the brakes, tidy the battery, and everything else! What a trip. 

• Like 6

glad everything turned out , i thought i had it bad ,35 years ago my wife and i went ireland and all i had to do was bring home waterford vase home on the plane and not to drop it, been there done that , great job

• Like 1

Very cool, Crom. Before you know it, the car will be roadworthy and you’ll be able to take the family out for a leisurely drive for ice cream, car shows and the like. No doubt you’re going to get looks and thumbs up every time you drive her. Keep the updates and pictures coming. 

• Like 1

Paul, I love the old stone foundation of your barn/garage.   Does it have a large stone fireplace in it.... Maybe it was one of the old Irish Castles at one time....

rob

• 3 weeks later...

While working on replacing the steering wheel I decided to take out the bench seats so I can pull out the rotten headliner. What’s this I spy behind the front bench? :)

DEA8540E-BA43-45A2-97F7-8D3C65812D50.thumb.jpeg.5e3b167895e85bd83b34c8510a505186.jpeg

so pleased, I was hoping to get a build sheet. I have the protect-O-plate, matching numbers, and as far as I can tell nothing has been changed anywhere. Happy boy!

4D562B6F-0988-4C4D-B934-E76D8E0E895F.thumb.jpeg.342a0f73b5beb5a7e467ebc39cbefd15.jpeg

• Like 7