Body mounts

Robert

Taking the body off. Have all but 2 mounts out. How do I get the 2 under the brackets  that go from floor to side wall out. Bolts just spin. I know there's spot welds and lap welds that I've got to cut out. Is there more I'm missing.  Thanks everyone Robert

It's a complete floor. The floor in the car has major patches in it,with seven holes. The front floor brace is gone and the rear is well on it's way. Going to take your advise  to cut and peel the brackets.  Once the body's off I'll come up with a plan to remove the brackets

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, willie said:

I never seen a frame cracked that much!!!   Keep up the good work Rob!!   That new frame looks sweet!!

I aggree never saw one break like that. My 64 chevelle lookd like Swiss cheese and didn't break like that. The new one looks great 👍

Evening  everyone   I think the frame has been cracked  for a few years. With all the black tar, undercoating, oil and dirt  no one could see the crack. It wasn't till march of 2020 when I was really going over the car to make my plan for building it that I found the crack. Got the new frame from Leo (Koniks Klassics).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Evening  everyone   I think the frame has been cracked  for a few years. With all the black tar, undercoating, oil and dirt  no one could see the crack. It wasn't till march of 2020 when I was really going over the car to make my plan for building it that I found the crack. Got the new frame from Leo (Koniks Klassics).

Leo is the man for sure!