2022 First-Gen Monte Carlo takeover at Blue Suede Cruise, Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk, OH

Is it too early to start planning for a three day First-Gen MC meetup at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, OH next year for the Blue Suede Cruise (probably early-July)?

If you haven't been, it a great time to show, watch, and race...whatever your flavor, as long as it's 1972 and older, it's there.

There was at least 6 First-Gen Monte Carlos there this year, on Saturday alone, I think with just a little planning, we could lock down an entire block of the parking area.
Who thinks this is a solid possibility?

I've created a post about it in the Facebook group Monte Carlo 1970-1972, I will share in other groups as well. There's a lot of interest, make it one day if you can...last year was my first trip, I'm going to try to attend all three days and camp on site. The facility does offer shower access.

• Like 1

• Dragginwagon467 changed the title to 2022 First-Gen Monte Carlo takeover at Blue Suede Cruise, Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk, OH

I tired to search for when the Norwalk show would be next year (2022) but could not find it.  I hope it does not conflict with the Eastern Meet in Carlisle.

rob

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I tired to search for when the Norwalk show would be next year (2022) but could not find it.  I hope it does not conflict with the Eastern Meet in Carlisle.

rob

I found a schedule, but it says:

It appears no firm date yet, but at least it doesn't say June.

https://www.lingenfelter.com/events.html

5 hours ago, jft69z said:

I found a schedule, but it says:

It appears no firm date yet, but at least it doesn't say June.

https://www.lingenfelter.com/events.html

I did see that one year it was in early July

rob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Merry Christmas everyone!

To be clear, this will not be an official FGMCC Mini-Meet. This event will be a group of like-minded people with similar interests converging on what I would call one of summer's "must attend" events as gearheads. Other "must attend" events listed below the image.

Tickets are on sale now (I don't believe the event will ever sell completely out, but there will likely be 3000+ pre-'72 Hot Rods and show cars in attendance)

To purchase tickets - click this Web link to Summit Motorsports Park website (or search it up yourself on the web for you untrusting souls (like myself)):

The direct ticket link can be found from their website here - Web link. Pick the day(s) you plan to attend.

844774413_2021-12-2509_12_02-SummitMotorsportsPark.thumb.png.6caf759bb594a5776a1f7e563548c5a0.png

1546457748_2021-12-2509_01_06-Tix-TicketSales.thumb.png.25490b257008a1f11b5d6b437d467766.png

Other events I would consider as "must attend" for gearheads would be:

Looks like we have about 20 First-Gen Monte's looking to attend the Blue Suede cruise at this point - let's keep the interest going!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

There’s about 25 signed up, and I have a good idea that there are a few people coming who aren't on Facebook as well. Should be a strong turnout.

Please keep in mind, in order to park close to each other, we will all have to pay for the:

"Car Show 1978 & Older Street Rod Entry At The Gate — $55 (Includes 2-weekend adult, unlimited 15 & under tickets).” - see bold below

Otherwise, I believe you end up on the pit side rather than the car show side. I don’t believe it should be any problem to pay the day of the show.

https://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/events/11290?fbclid=IwAR2ciQNndg-LwMedf9bZR9zur9RZPj2Y1Tg7tqLH8XhOxbBnt1AC5YL-538

Friday, July 29

1-Day Adult — $20
1-Day Child 6-12 — $5
1-Day Child 5 & Under — Free

Saturday, July 30

1-Day Adult — $25
1-Day Child 6-12 — $5
1-Day Child 5 & Under — Free

Sunday, July 31

1-Day Adult — $20
1-Day Child 6-12 — $5
1-Day Child 5 & Under — FREE

3-Day Adult — $60

3-Day Trackside Electric Motorhome — $200
3-Day Trackside Non-Electric Motorhome — $150
3-Day Wilson’s Fence Row — $100
3-Day Primitive Camping — $80

Free Parking
Free Pit Pass

Car Show 1978 & Older Street Rod Entry At The Gate — $55 (Includes 2-weekend adult, unlimited 15 & under tickets)
Car Corral — $60 (1-weekend adult ticket)
20’ x 35’ Swap Space — $60 (1-weekend adult ticket)
20’ x 60’ Vendor Space — $250 (2-weekend adult tickets)
10’ x 10’ Women’s World Space — $75 (2-weekend adult tickets)

Drag Racing

NDRL Pro 7.00 — $100
NDRL Pro 7.50 — $100
NDRL Pro Comp — $100
NDRL Pro Gas — $100
Gasser Madness Nostalgia Gas — $75
Gasser Madness Competition Gas — $75

I would have loved to have been able to come but the first part of the week we a re going to a family renunion in NC with my five brothers and families

• 3 months later...

The Blue suede cruise is a fantastic show. 

We have enjoyed doing this show several times, and I would have to say, it's one of the best times that you will have. Every make and model that you can imagine and then some, will be represented.  And few very impressive head scratchers, to say the least . 

As it sits, we have x15 First-Gen Monte Carlos coming on Saturday, a few others on Friday and/or Sunday. It will be a decent turnout and Bill said he will accommodate us parking together in the car show.

I know a few will be into the fun runs…which are low pressure and they allow passengers. It will be a fantastic time. 

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 11:49 AM, Michael Boyte said:

The Blue suede cruise is a fantastic show. 

We have enjoyed doing this show several times, and I would have to say, it's one of the best times that you will have. Every make and model that you can imagine and then some, will be represented.  And few very impressive head scratchers, to say the least . 

Are you attending this year, Michael?