2022 First-Gen Monte Carlo takeover at Blue Suede Cruise, Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk, OH

https://www.facebook.com/149496698402785/posts/5648519048500495/?d=n&mibextid=tKF1Ph

Music from the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s will play as cars from those eras pull in for the 21st Annual Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Blue Suede Cruise presented by Cometic Gasket, Inc., July 29-31, 2022 at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio.

The event is a dedication to days gone by, and has been enjoyed by enthusiasts from across the country for decades. This year’s offering is sure to be outstanding.

In addition to a very colorful and chrome-filled car show, there will be fun-runs, Nostalgia Drag Racing League competition and an autocross.

Fans can check out all of the items available for purchase in the manufacturers’ midway, Women’s World and the park’s popular Quarter Mile Clothing Company.

Additional features of the longstanding event include the Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Make-A-Wish For More Horsepower Eliminator Spec Engine Raffle to benefit Make-A-Wish of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, opportunities to meet and see Dave Kindig and Kevin Schiele of Kindig-It Design, the 348-409 Nationals presented by Anything on Wheels Customs and much more.

The evening of Saturday, July 30, will be super-special, with a concert by Phil Dirt and the Dozers, a parade of neon lights and a dazzling display of fireworks over the park.

“The Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Blue Suede Cruise presented by Cometic Gasket has been one of our most popular events for a long time, and it certainly has a faithful following,” said Bill Bader Jr., president of Summit Motorsports Park. “In addition to seeing so many fantastic cars in the show field and on the track, fans will be able to check out special displays and meet special guests. It’s going to be a lot of fun.”

Tickets for the nostalgia-filled event are available now. Summit Motorsports Park is at 1300 State Route 18, Norwalk, Ohio. For more information, or tickets, visit the event page at summitmotorsportspark.com or call 419-668-5555.

Mary Lendzion
Summit Motorsports Park Media and Public Relations
mlendzion@summitmotorsportspark.com 

(To view story on website, click https://is.gd/mcecmX)

I'm sorry to say, we will not be able to attend this year.  My mom is 88 years old and I can't be away over 1 night at a time and those are few and far between.  Sometime in the future Ann and I will return to the shows.  However right now Mom is priority.  We certainly do miss seeing everyone, you guys are like family to us . 

• Like 4

Michael. I have the deepest sympathy for your situation. Karen and I are in the beginning stages of that with her parents. As with you I expect this to change the way we do things but family first. They way it should be. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

I'm sorry to say, we will not be able to attend this year.  My mom is 88 years old and I can't be away over 1 nite at a time and those are few and far between.  Sometime in the future Ann and I will return to the shows.  However right now Mom is priority.  We certainly do miss seeing everyone, you guys are like family to us . 

It's always family first if not there's something wrong!

• Like 3

Solved my CPAP power supply issue at the primitive camping site. Costco for the win and highly portable.

https://www.duracellpower.com/products/duracellpower-powerblock-500

The time is short now and the excitement builds. Weather looks like it will be in the low-80s Saturday with sunny skies. I sent Bill Bader an update this morning to let him know he should expect 20+ First-Gen Monte Carlos in the car show Saturday. We’ll see what he has planned to allow us to park together. 

At this point, we have nearly an equal split between the years. I FaceStalked most of those who signed up to determine where you all are from, the year, color, and what you're running under the hood of your Monte. There are going to be some nice Monte's there this weekend.

There are twelve more, who said they're going but have not returned messages or filled in the poll. If anyone knows them and can get them to respond, that would be great.
@jim Casella
Ruben Craddock
Greg Crouse
James Denuit
Rich Ermacora
Frank Herciga
@Thomas Hurns
LeRoy Kniece
Randy Rhine
John Sepos
Bill Smith
Willie Wright

If everyone shows up that indicated they probably would on Saturday…

D6DC87B2-599C-4E8A-BCA8-8DCD43507DEB.jpeg.7cfc4f15c0508de27002e2de7f123234.jpeg

Mike when I'm dry camping I just use a marine/rv battery with a DC adapter that plugs into an accessory port that I rigged up with alligator clips, it lasts about 10 days it's much cheaper. It works fine for what I need. I did dry camp at summit in 2010 but that was before my c pep. Good luck enjoy. 

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Mike when I'm dry camping I just use a marine/rv battery with a DC adapter that plugs into an accessory port that I rigged up with alligator clips, it lasts about 10 days it's much cheaper. It works fine for what I need. I did dry camp at summit in 2010 but that was before my c pep. Good luck enjoy. 

Yeah, I considered that too (runs on 12V, 60W [60/12=5A]) but with the kids devices and such it’s simple. Plus, it has an internal controller to charge from a 100W solar panel. The price at Costco was $499 ($399 one month ago).  That part stung. 

2 minutes ago, Dragginwagon467 said:

Yeah, I considered that too (runs on 12V, 60W [60/12=5A]) but with the kids devices and such it’s simple. Plus, it has an internal controller to charge from a 100W solar panel. The price at Costco was $499 ($399 one month ago).  That part stung. 

Yea if your going to use other stuff off it that's the way to go, I just run my c pep off it that's all. Just got a new 1000 mch battery this year the old one was 7 years old.

Day 1, successful. 7 First-Gens. Paul, Kaleb, and Jared Sniezek  then there were three others, a Charcoal colored one for sale, and two red ones-one red one was hotlapping the fun runs 👍

Bill Bader messaged with the details for Blue Suede Cruise tomorrow…the First-Gen Monte Carlo section will be just inside the gate behind the main grand stand on the west side. It’s literally only a hop, skip and jump from the grandstands. He’s doing us a solid favor here, I hope many of you make it out tomorrow. He texted this photo of the area. I’ll be there about 7:45 or so.

288FE90C-8E0B-4764-A105-50B7D99BD8A6.jpeg

• Like 4

I sent a message to Bill Bader (the track owner) thanking him for the space this year and asked him about next year…he said he’d be thrilled to be the host facility for our Midwest First-Gen Monte Carlo event and offered us the same space.

The space has room for about 26 cars (two deep with pop ups between). Overhead photo is easy to manage (might need to close the pop ups for the photo) and it’s very close to the starting line and big bleachers. I can think of a few things I’d like to improve next year, others probably have ideas too. I guess it’s not too early think about next year, right? 😂 

• Like 3

On an unrelated note…I took several people for a ride down the track at Blue Suede Cruise…my Son, my Dad, several friend’s, a couple fellow First-Gen Monte Carlo owners. and a friend’s, friend’s early-20s year/old daughter. Since it was her first time riding down the track in a reasonably quick car, I recorded her reaction…what do you think (I shouldn’t have to say this, but respectful comments only, please)?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dtret said:

That was great of you to do that. Now let’s see if it sparks the race girl in her. 👍👍👍

Oh she has the itch to go racing…Mom and Dad will help her get started, I’m sure. It will be a Dodge product though. 

14 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

That's cool! No helmets, a passenger! No way that would happen in NY or NJ! Not allowed! 😡

That’s part of why Norwalk is a great facility for the meet and how they help seed the future of the sport. FWIW, and to be clear, this relaxed environment does not fly for the weekly points racing. 

• Like 1

Very cool, thanks for posting the vid ! Ive heard at some tracks they allow a passenger in the slower class cars, never seen it from the inside though. Great way to support and promote the sport .

8 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

This could be the mid west meet everyone wants just need to urge the attendees to join the FGMCC

I don't think this is far enough to the west to qualify to be a Mid-West meet.  We have held two of our Eastern Meets there and they didn't draw well from people from the mid-west.  Great venue for another future Eastern Meet or a Mini-Meet though.

rob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I don't think this is far enough to the west to qualify to be a Mid-West meet.  We have held two of our Eastern Meets there and they didn't draw well from people from the mid-west.  Great venue for another future Eastern Meet or a Mini-Meet though.

rob

Agreed. A midwest meet would be more like Nebraska, Iowa or Illinois.

I think this Ohio location is a great spot for a future Eastern Meet.