2022 First-Gen Monte Carlo takeover at Blue Suede Cruise, Summit Motorsports Park, Norwalk, OH

7 minutes ago, Dtret said:

What about a central US meet. St Louis. Ish. You will pull better from the south central US. 

That’s been talked about many times but there has not been anything organized by members to show consistent attendance in the midwest/central area. There’s been a couple one-off midwest mini meets but not enough momentum to have a full FGMCC  meet yet. I suggest if the discussion for a midwest/central meet goes further someone should start a new post as we have hijacked this one a little. 🙂

• Like 1

So, in preparation for next year, what was the general consensus for the weekend? Did people stay all 3 days, or mainly Friday/Saturday like Carlisle (looks like they have festivities on Sunday, which Carlisle doesn't). 

Is there a preferred hotel people are using? Does it have good trailer parking? I did see a large list of hotels available on the Motorsports Park website, but it ran the gamut of local, and out to Sandusky & beyond. Group rates available, or something that can be negotiated for next year, like C.K. is trying to do for the Syracuse show?

6 hours ago, jft69z said:

So, in preparation for next year, what was the general consensus for the weekend? Did people stay all 3 days, or mainly Friday/Saturday like Carlisle (looks like they have festivities on Sunday, which Carlisle doesn't). 

Is there a preferred hotel people are using? Does it have good trailer parking? I did see a large list of hotels available on the Motorsports Park website, but it ran the gamut of local, and out to Sandusky & beyond. Group rates available, or something that can be negotiated for next year, like C.K. is trying to do for the Syracuse show?

This year, I planned on attending all three days, but very few people (read, Paul and his son Jared) staying, and I was traveling for work this week and racing again next weekend, I ended up heading home. Surely they are racing and showing on Sunday. Paul could comment about Sunday further. In order to get your trailer inside the gate, it must be brought in Thursday night, or before 10AM on Friday, after that, I doubt they're letting it in - there are far too many people to navigate.

I'm driving distance (about 60 miles), so I could go either way (camp or go home). You can pay to camp on-site and they have pay showers. It's a huge event, I would imagine the local motels sell out quickly. There's a very nice car show in my hometown on Friday night, so I drove home to attend. There are hotrods at most hotels on the way to the track...try these two (you might not find them without digging, but don't shy away from a bed and breakfast location either.

Norwalk Inn
283 Benedict Ave
Norwalk, OH 44857
+14196688255

Bellevue Hotel and Suites
1120 E Main St
Bellevue, OH 44811
+14194835740

5 hours ago, Dragginwagon467 said:

T

I'm driving distance (about 60 miles), so I could go either way (camp or go home). You can pay to camp on-site and they have pay showers. It's a huge event, I would imagine the local motels sell out quickly. There's a very nice car show in my hometown on Friday night, so I drove home to attend. There are hotrods at most hotels on the way to the track...try these two (you might not find them without digging, but don't shy away from a bed and breakfast location either.

Norwalk Inn
283 Benedict Ave
Norwalk, OH 44857
+14196688255

Bellevue Hotel and Suites
1120 E Main St
Bellevue, OH 44811
+14194835740

I'm not interested in camping, so that wouldn't apply in my case, but helpful info for others. By 'trailer', I meant car trailer parking at the hotels themselves. The hotels at Carlisle & Syracuse we use had ample & convenient parking for our trucks/car trailers which is an important consideration.

I see the hotels you listed are pretty high on the top of the list that Summit Park has on their site. Hopefully someone who has attended the event & stayed at any area hotels can chime in with any details, good or bad about where they stayed.

Thanks for the info.

Here's their hotel list:

https://summitmotorsportspark.blob.core.windows.net/sections/51/7f0a661a-0574-40f3-a6d5-2953601fd71f

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

I'm not interested in camping, so that wouldn't apply in my case, but helpful info for others. By 'trailer', I meant car trailer parking at the hotels themselves. The hotels at Carlisle & Syracuse we use had ample & convenient parking for our trucks/car trailers which is an important consideration.

I see the hotels you listed are pretty high on the top of the list that Summit Park has on their site. Hopefully someone who has attended the event & stayed at any area hotels can chime in with any details, good or bad about where they stayed.

Thanks for the info.

Here's their hotel list:

https://summitmotorsportspark.blob.core.windows.net/sections/51/7f0a661a-0574-40f3-a6d5-2953601fd71f

I’m not aware of any First-Gens who didn’t just drive in for Saturday, other than those with RVs who stay at the track. 

Great link for the hotels. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I trailered mine. Down the road a block or so from the main entrance was a very flat grassy area for specifically set up for trailer parking. No charge for that. 

Good to know, thx. We're over 4 hours away though (as we discussed yesterday), likely we'd be staying a couple of days at any rate. Plenty of time to make a few phone calls to some of the hotels on the list for next year. I see they have a Fairfield in Sandusky, same chain as we use in Carlisle. A little farther, but not too bad, I may call there too.

Yes Joe, I'm following this one 🤣 This is 2 hours closer than Syracuse and they have a drag strip! The trailer/truck parking at the Carlisle hotel was superb, don't think it was so great at the Bristol meet. I'd probably leave the Monte and trailer at the track and drive the truck back n forth 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Yes Joe, I'm following this one 🤣 This is 2 hours closer than Syracuse and they have a drag strip! The trailer/truck parking at the Carlisle hotel was superb, don't think it was so great at the Bristol meet. I'd probably leave the Monte and trailer at the track and drive the truck back n forth 

Still keep Syracuse on your radar Mark, I don't think you'll be disappointed (I'm sure the other guys will back me up 200% on this one).

Leaving the truck/trailer at the fairground is an option, but I think I'd prefer to have it all at the hotel. I guess it depends if they have security at the fairgrounds after hours to keep an eye on things. That doesn't mean stuff can't happen at the hotel either, but not my first choice, especially at a new/unknown venue.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Still keep Syracuse on your radar Mark, I don't think you'll be disappointed (I'm sure the other guys will back me up 200% on this one).

Leaving the truck/trailer at the fairground is an option, but I think I'd prefer to have it all at the hotel. I guess it depends if they have security at the fairgrounds after hours to keep an eye on things. That doesn't mean stuff can't happen at the hotel either, but not my first choice, especially at a new/unknown venue.

I hear what your saying Joe, it all depends on if the "car show" is wrapped around a race weekend at the track. Its still a ways off in the future, just letting you know I'm following the conversation before the harassing texts and phone calls start 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I hear what your saying Joe, it all depends on if the "car show" is wrapped around a race weekend at the track. Its still a ways off in the future, just letting you know I'm following the conversation before the harassing texts and phone calls start 🤣

Stay by the phone....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I think I’m going to change my number. 😂

I'm real good at finding people and information.....

I rounded up most of the people on our list of lost people, that we served with in Europe back in the 80's to have a reunion. Just found another one last year. They jokingly say I could have another career as a P.I. 😄.

You can run, but you can't hide...🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DragCat said:

The dragstrip, large car show, nostalgia drag racing, and facility is why I go. The event is also well photographed, and shared  

Photos 

https://www.facebook.com/1040357933/posts/pfbid02b3HsimZWeVrfND9Eub3HhurXYQBHwJynks4MjGJm2HTsu9CoyFkcweZz393UeBEnl/?d=n&mibextid=tKF1Ph

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10224388418071614&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10224388515074039&type=3

https://www.motolenzphotos.com/dragracing/SMP2022/baccut/BSC2022.html

• Like 1

Hey Dennis, Joe is retired now so he has twice the amount of time to check under rocks now. That's where i would be hiding!!!   LOL There might be only one excuse to use when the time comes. I will give you a hint :yay:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, willie said:

Hey Dennis, Joe is retired now so he has twice the amount of time to check under rocks now. That's where i would be hiding!!!   LOL There might be only one excuse to use when the time comes. I will give you a hint :yay:

It’s a catch 22 with him. Time was never an issue because he did it at work while he got paid( good for him, multitasker). But now he doesn’t have use of the special govt computer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dtret said:

But now he doesn’t have use of the special govt computer. 

No worries, I still have my ways :yay:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dragginwagon467 said:

The dragstrip, large car show, nostalgia drag racing, and facility is why I go. The event is also well photographed, and shared  

Thanks for the links. Thats why I mentioned leaving the car and the trailer at the track. On a race weekend the pits are full of motorhomes/toterhomes, trailers and race cars all weekend. Thats what I had planned to do at the Bristol meet before I broke the Monte.