TH400 oil pan P/N

1Bad454

The th400 on most trucks were the "deep" version.

You need the pan, filter pick up tube and filter bolt and sleeve, all longer than the standard 400 stuff. Some places sell them as a kit. The aftermarket and transmission places, tci, ati, b&m, derale etc also have kits.

I personally stay away from aluminum pans. Never seal fully and always have a drip. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

The th400 on most trucks were the "deep" version.

You need the pan, filter pick up tube and filter bolt and sleeve, all longer than the standard 400 stuff. Some places sell them as a kit. The aftermarket and transmission places, tci, ati, b&m, derale etc also have kits.

I personally stay away from aluminum pans. Never seal fully and always have a drip. 

Thanks for the info (I was considering aluminum). Here's my current situation. My transmission was recently rebuilt and they reused my original pan (still haven't put the fluid in). Since the original pan has some dings on it I ordered a new pan not even thinking about the depth and bolted it on. When I completed the job I noticed that the new pan now has dents on it due to it being too shallow.. So I what I'm looking for now is a new direct replacement of the original. 

You can take your original pan and knock the dents out with a block of wood. The underside of the car is going to take a beating anyway. If you add more depth to the pan it’s going to be closer to the ground. More beating. I like deeper pans cuz of more fluid capacity 

• Like 1

Hey Ron i was looking for one recently and found 2 types 1 with no writing on it and the other with a stamped GMC logo on it both look the same depth, i havent installed them yet. I didnt notice any part number on either of them, but will look closer later for you.

• Like 1