‘72 on a trailer coming home!

Took a few weeks to organise, but it’s finally leaving North Carolina and on the way, looks so nice on that trailer! Can anyone tell me what’s going on with the wheels though? The front has a chrome ring on the edge and the rear doesn’t. They both have the nice centre cap. The wheel is left looks to be painted grey or something. 

BB7E6583-7C52-45DC-B1C5-8223D6814F41.thumb.jpeg.b5c6228b69b7f4a1c29c91ebffb97fc9.jpeg

Paul,

You are right, the right rear wheel is missing the chrome trim ring.  Hopefully it is in the trunk.  Also, hopefully the passenger side trim rings and derby caps are there.  You may want to message the seller.  It would have been ideal for a car being shipped that far for all of the trim rings and derby caps had been removed and stored in the trunk for the long trip.  If you still have all of the pictures from when you bought it you may want to check to see if they were pictured on the car in those shots.

The metal wheel/rims should be as what it looks like the are, argent silver.  Where in Ireland do you live.

rob

They do make reproductions and some of them are very nice.  Also used ones can be found can be found on ebay and maybe even if you post in the For Sale Wanted area here on the club website.  

My wife and I took our two sons to Ireland a number of years ago.  Our motor-coach tour originated in Dublin and we visited much of Southern Ireland during our trip there.  My wife and I would love to go back again someday.... but this time without our son's tagging along.

rob

I’m guessing you hit the Cork & Kerry coast then? Beautiful landscape, although I know my kids couldn’t care less about the great outdoors, unless there was food involved 

I think the corvette rings are deeper. But they have a different look then the Monte ones. Corvette ones are rounded and the Monte one have a flat lip by the tire. 

1 hour ago, Crom Cruach said:

Paul,

Dennis is right regarding the Corvette rings are different by being deeper and also rounded.  At this point in time what I would do is wait till the car arrives and see if maybe the rear one is in the car or in the trunk.  Also, see if the ones on the other side are installed are missing too.

I have an extra used correct one.  I am not sure if it is a factory one or a reproduction.  It is a driver quality but not in too bad of shape.  I will make you a deal, if you become a dues paying member of the club, I will give you this ring just for the cost of shipment to you.  Of course, I do not now what the shipping cost to Ireland would amount to so that may also be a consideration.

rob

13 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Paul,

Dennis is right regarding the Corvette rings are different by being deeper and also rounded.  At this point in time what I would do is wait till the car arrives and see if maybe the rear one is in the car or in the trunk.  Also, see if the ones on the other side are installed are missing too.

I have an extra used correct one.  I am not sure if it is a factory one or a reproduction.  It is a driver quality but not in too bad of shape.  I will make you a deal, if you become a dues paying member of the club, I will give you this ring just for the cost of shipment to you.  Of course, I do not now what the shipping cost to Ireland would amount to so that may also be a consideration.

rob

that's a deal I can't refuse Rob, I now know there is just one missing. I have a few more photos from the transport company. thanks so much.

the transport company highlighted a few flaws that the dealer didn't! Mostly minor stone chips, weatherstripping is worse than I thought, FR wheel arch chrome is in the trunk, no biggie. I'll post a photo of the only one that bothers me though, considering it was sold as surface rust only, not sure what lurks under here! bondo? Looks like the FR wheel arch, not 100%. (let me know if photos are too large, I'll resize)

Image 10-19-21, 2.40.13 PM.jpg

Don't know how things are across the pond, but around here Chevelle's and moustangs are a dime a dozen. You'll read a lot of posts of members going to shows or cruise ins and being the only first gen in attendance. Keep updating us on your progress 

I would think he would become a dues paying member now but I don’t blame him for waiting till he gets his car. Hopefully it don’t sit on a boat for six months in the unventilated salt air that is a container ship. 

6 hours ago, Crom Cruach said:

the transport company highlighted a few flaws that the dealer didn't! Mostly minor stone chips, weatherstripping is worse than I thought, FR wheel arch chrome is in the trunk, no biggie. I'll post a photo of the only one that bothers me though, considering it was sold as surface rust only, not sure what lurks under here! bondo? Looks like the FR wheel arch, not 100%. (let me know if photos are too large, I'll resize)

Image 10-19-21, 2.40.13 PM.jpg

That’s definitely a bad bondo job. But I’ve done worse ( I mean seen worse o who am I kidding lol )   As long as it’s not prevalent over the whole car you’re going to be ok 

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

That’s definitely a bad bondo job. But I’ve done worse ( I mean seen worse o who am I kidding lol )   As long as it’s not prevalent over the whole car you’re going to be ok 

Phew, you gave me anxiety talking about the salty air but I’m centered again! I think the bondo  might be where the landau used to be, maybe not a total shock then. There’s a good body shop in Dublin have restored some Chevys before, so hopefully they can mix a decent two-pack mulsanne blue or it’s a glass-out respray next year!

hi paul nice monte. my wife and i and her parents went to ireland in may 2003. loved it. landed in shanon drove around southern coast turned right just before dublin back to shanon. tried to see as much as possible in 10 days. hope to go back again.