need some advice on replaceing trunk .and poss. roof

Denny

You'll want to brace the rest of the body to keep it square and to maintain the cars structural integrity. Removing the roof without doing this will cause the car to flex all different kind of ways and make it difficult to put it back together. Leave the body bolted to the frame and run a brace from quarter to quarter and maybe one from A pillar to A pillar. Forming an X from these points would be the best way to do it.  The picture I provided was when I backed half my car. Most of the roof was still intact and still bolted to the frame. We were only a 1/4 inch off on the passenger side when the rear clip went on. I massaged and stitched welded it a little at a time to get it right then removed the X brace. Your X brace would have to go to all four corners front to back

monte back.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

thanks,going to replace the trunk floor but all ready removed or cut all body bolts. most of the cagenuts spun loose of the welds so need to replace these,iam guessing i should replace the cagenuts and rebolt body to the frame first?