Front Coil Spring Replacements MOOG

Just thought I'd post this here in case anyone is looking...these numbers are based on the 1971 Monte

1) Small Block without A/C....#5372

2) Small Block with A/C...#6330

3) Big Block without A/C...#6330

4) Big Block with A/C...#5536

https://www.moogparts.com/find-my-part/find-my-part-results.html?type[value]=2&type[label]=Light Duty&year[value]=1971&year[label]=1971&make[value]=47&make[label]=Chevrolet&model[value]=470&model[label]=Monte Carlo

• Like 1

I went with Eaton Detroit Spring MC1012 at standard ride height. With the Chassis works AFX tall spindles (no drop) I have about a 1" drop (need to buy a lower profile floor jack).  Car looks great with no interferences anywhere. You can buy these springs at various ride heights from 2" lower to 2" higher, not sure if MOOG offers that.

rotin

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LostnFound said:

The Moog #5536's brought my front end up where it should be 

Looks good. Those are the springs I used on my 72, with 454, A/C, etc.

I’m the black sheep. I stayed away from moog and went with TRW. I guess we’ll see when I get it back together if it was a good decision. I sure don’t want to change them again. That would suck for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’m the black sheep. I stayed away from moog and went with TRW. I guess we’ll see when I get it back together if it was a good decision. I sure don’t want to change them again. That would suck for sure. 

I told you what TRW stood for....'Tennessee Repackaging Warehouse'. Moog probably makes them anyways, lol

• Like 1