Yet another one..

Thanks for adding the link. It's a very well made hood. I like it starting close to the front of the hood. To me, it just looks correct on our long hoods. Obviously some like and some don't. All is good. Lolol 

Also on another note that I forgot to mention initially, it was built in the Flint plant. Originally dark green, black top and black bench seat. 

• Like 1

Today's assessment- the things you like, the things that are eigh and [censored] was someone thinking. 

You find all of these when you get a new project. Those of us that know, well, just know. Lol 

Wiring is, well was- huh? Lol now removed. Brake lines will be replaced. (Zoom in on the pic) all front end bushings toast. Narrowing of the rear- nice! Cutting of the roll bars side bars- bad.

Removed most of the interior and cleaned/vacuumed it. 

Overall- my son, brother and myself are still very pleased with the purchase.

Now she needs a GOOD cleaning. 

A friend and his father stopped by with their toys. On a Saturday ya never know who will show up at my brother's. Lol We fixed a couple of issues they had on their cars also. (last 2 pics) and no, the 72 IS NOT OURS!!! LOLOLOL

PXL_20211023_190239093.jpg

PXL_20211023_190247311.jpg

PXL_20211023_190438306.jpg

PXL_20211023_212820227.jpg

PXL_20211023_212853778.jpg

PXL_20211023_190307175.jpg

PXL_20211023_190327549.jpg

• Like 3

I can't stop looking at this Monte!! Like the wheels on it. 496 sounds pretty awesome. Pretty good build from looks.  Hope you are happy with the purchase. If not , I'm sure someone here would like to own it.

post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My son is happy with his purchase.

That is the owner, my son. He was under the car, just out of the pic when I took it. 

Wondered how long it would take someone to notice. Lol

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

My son is happy with his purchase.

That is the owner, my son. He was under the car, just out of the pic when I took it. 

Wondered how long it would take someone to notice. Lol

I thought you were messing with us with a Halloween prop so I didn't comment 🤣

• Like 1

Bob, the drip rail stainless trim is missing. We have a few sets "in stock" that will be going back on. We feel the Monte Carlo needs all the brightwork to look proper. 

AND THE SNOWBALL BEGINS!!!!!!  Since mostly everything was removed from inside the engine compartment WE decided to blow everything apart and do it really nice. 🤔 WTH are WE thinking!!!!! Lololol 

Further forensic investigating shows the she was a low option car. 3bolt small radiator support. The "chunk" missing on the bottom is from the owner before us, he had a twin turbo set up in there.  Definitely a very solid 70 was used to build this car. The black you see on the chassis is factory original paint. The radiator support bushings are the originals, front suspension except for the shocks is  original.  The elephant ears are beyond mint! No cracks and still very pliable! 

Was told the car was purchased from Michigan. Very rust free car! Originally dark green, taken to bare metal and painted a dark blue, now painted black about 5yrs ago. 

Now time to strip the firewall and weld up a TON of extra holes, strip the frame and open up the radiator hole.... And everything else! Lolol

PXL_20211030_202819580.jpg

PXL_20211030_202824589.jpg

PXL_20211030_202827796.jpg

PXL_20211030_202839588.jpg

• Like 6

On 10/30/2021 at 6:38 PM, MC1of80 said:

Further forensic investigating shows the she was a low option car. 3bolt small radiator support.

What is a "3 bolt small radiator support"?

The 3 bolt radiator support refers to the top plate that holds the radiator in. It is the standard cooling system and the core support has a smaller opening for the radiator which means it required a smaller, width wise radiator.

In comparison if you ordered a/c or heavy duty cooling you got the 4 bolt upper radiator cover and minimum 3 core, wide radiator. A/C and heavy duty cooling recieved the 4 core radiator, I believe. 

• Like 2

This week's progress.... Some ordered parts came in, new steering linkage, tubular control arms, quick ratio manual steering box kit (new bolts, coupler) new rag joint, hood hinges, and some misc stuff. 

Meanwhile my brother accomplished this so far to the firewall....

PXL_20211106_152841375.jpg

PXL_20211106_152849899.jpg

• Like 5

It is Rob. Only original paint on the firewall and chassis. 1 coat. Whoever initially built this car did so with a low option clean (no rust) car. 

Just one of the many reasons my son purchased it.  The fun is about to start though.  lol Filling in all the unnecessary holes. Lol. 

Yes, "stock" parts. Lol. My son is going a slightly different route from stock on this one. 

I am rebuilding one of the tilt steering columns we have "in stock" for the car. Easier to get around the roll bar.