Yet another one..

Looks like progress to me. All I got done today is start a fire in the fireplace, watch some bad Bears football and have a couple beers. The only thing Monte related was hang the Monte ornament on the tree. Happy holidays

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a slight pause due to 2 of us being forced to work weekends and one of us, me, having kidney stones nothing was accomplished in 2 weeks. Well that ended today!!! Lol 

Built and installed the double adjustable qa1 front coilovers, reassembled the cleaned and painted spindles, installed tie rods, brake lines, installed new bearings into the slotted and drilled rotors, installed and installed the cleaned and painted calipers. Installed the Chris Alston frame mounts after drilling a few holes. 3 are needed for the Monte (phantom) install. 

PXL_20211226_230645179.jpg

PXL_20211226_230617036.jpg

PXL_20211226_230607872.jpg

PXL_20211226_212845844.jpg

PXL_20211226_212834810.jpg

PXL_20211226_182520157.jpg

PXL_20211226_181941200.jpg

• Like 9

Looks great! That's the fun stage of the project, where everything is new & clean.

Usually something that needs modified, or 're-engineered' a bit, but at least it's clean stuff.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello people! Lol. It's been a few weeks. People working overtime again, coooolllddd weather and the likes. Finally got some more work done. 

Kevin somehow found the time to weld pieces back into the radiator support, closed some holes, stripped, primed and painted the support and installed it loosely to the frame. 

My son and I today ran new brake lines to the 4 wheel disc proportioning valve that Kevin fabricated a bracket for to keep it out of the way of any exhaust combo we decide on. He also fabricated a bracket for the line lock solenoid that has been "in stock" for at least 15 yes.ran new lines to the line lock, master and a new. Line to the rear brakes. 

PXL_20220116_183246640.jpg

PXL_20220116_233050477.jpg

PXL_20220116_183255965.jpg

PXL_20220116_212842884.jpg

PXL_20220116_212834185.jpg

• Like 6

looks good glad to see you painted master cylinder or used an aluminum one i used same brake lines on my car thanks for close up of line lock no trying to nit pick but it looks like you ran rite front brake line under motor not around front of car

Hi Bob. 

The master cylinder is all aluminum. Not painted. Its for a disc/disc braking system. 

The right front brake line is prebent from inline tube. It's routed in the factory position as is the left. Only bent upwards for the new proportioning valve location. 

• 3 months later...

Hey. If they are factory buckets then why did you have to weld in brackets?  Lol.   They look just like the ones I welded in my 71. Looks good. I’m gonna learn to weld from you tube so it’s nice to see what things are supposed to look like when properly welded. Well done. 

• Like 1

Dennis, this Monte was originally a low option 70. Dark green, black bench seat interior. The way we purchased it, the seats were the uncomfortable plastic buckets and the installation was sketchy at best. 

Kevin certainly has some welding/fabricating skills! 

Come to think of it, the only one in the fleet that doesn't have bucket seats is "Barn Find". Only because she has a power bench seat that works. Lol

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Dennis, this Monte was originally a low option 70. Dark green, black bench seat interior. The way we purchased it, the seats were the uncomfortable plastic buckets and the installation was sketchy at best. 

Kevin certainly has some welding/fabricating skills! 

Come to think of it, the only one in the fleet that doesn't have bucket seats is "Barn Find". Only because she has a power bench seat that works. Lol

Maybe I need to take a road-trip and drop off a body and see them skills. Lol. I wouldn’t do that nor would I ask. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

We ain't skeered! Drop er off! We will add you to our list. 

I have a pretty good idea of your list. I may be dead by the time you got to my number. Lol. 

• Like 1