Yet another one..

Looks Good Tom, Kevin, Tom JR!!!   I am getting old and dont remember what set of cars goes to who, so for now on we should refer to you guys as TKt.   lol   

• Haha 3

Today, my son wire wheeled the interior floor boards, vacuumed, cleaned and painted the inside with rust inhibitor. 

PXL_20230505_163736667.jpg

PXL_20230505_215841078.jpg

PXL_20230505_215952988.jpg

• Like 7

Definitely work that needed to be done.  Something done even on back to original.  The other thing is all of that work usually just gets covered up.  What is his final vision?

rob

3 hours ago, willie said:

Tom looks good!!!  What did you use???

This stuff Willie. Lol. Idk where Kevin bought it from. eBay? He has used it on a lot of things including the chassis on his truck many years ago and it still looks good. 

PXL_20230506_151355767.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Definitely work that needed to be done.  Something done even on back to original.  The other thing is all of that work usually just gets covered up.  What is his final vision?

rob

Hey Rob. Obviously a stock restoration is not in the pic. Lolol but as stock as possible looking interior is the plan. Recovered buckets, rug, back seat, console and staple shifter with the slap style plate made by dan, aka overdrive. (Already in stock) lol and all new wiring. M&H wiring harnesses. 

• Like 3

On 5/6/2023 at 11:16 AM, MC1of80 said:

This stuff Willie. Lol. Idk where Kevin bought it from. eBay? He has used it on a lot of things including the chassis on his truck many years ago and it still looks good. 

PXL_20230506_151355767.jpg

Tom is that stuff thin enough that it can be sprayed or does it have to be brushed?

3 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Tom is that stuff thin enough that it can be sprayed or does it have to be brushed?

Steve, it is right on the verge. A little goes a long way. With a "big" tip on a spray gun, I believe it can be sprayed. 

• Thank You! 1

Well got 3 sport mirrors painted black Monday and assembled today. Painted another set of sport mirrors Nevada silver today for "Barn Find" 

PXL_20230510_164001090.jpg

PXL_20230510_165512272.jpg

PXL_20230510_165535303.jpg

PXL_20230510_185925812.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dtret said:

As nice as the mirror looks, and it does great job, I don’t know if it’s worth a modification deduction. Lol. Jk. 

I don't think he is looking for a Stock registration... But Dennis just likes to stir the pot, go for it Denny.  :k

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I won't drive my classics without dual mirrors… I  put them on my Bonneville 35 years ago … My Monte got her first pair about 50 years ago… image.jpeg.3c61c9122a3b72d13ab700f00f83b5ca.jpeg

Where did the sport mirrors come from? Was it a Monte Carlo option, or was it a different application? I would love to put a pair of mirrors on my 71.

The driver's side mirror was an option in 71. In 72, the custom option automatically received the driver's sport mirror along with other Custom specific options.

The passenger mirror was never made in the US.  A few are supposedly installed in Canada. I heard they are as rare as hens teeth. 

I purchased the passenger side from a place that modifies the passenger side base to "work" with the Monte Carlo and Chevelle from 70-72. I believe they also have the driver's side. 

Bulletmirror.com

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 71SSclone said:

Where did the sport mirrors come from? Was it a Monte Carlo option, or was it a different application? I would love to put a pair of mirrors on my 71.

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

I purchased the passenger side from a place that modifies the passenger side base to "work" with the Monte Carlo and Chevelle from 70-72. I believe they also have the driver's side. 

Bulletmirror.com

They use a slick 3D printed base that corrects the angle of the F-body type mirror to work with the Monte. I still spent a bit of time modifying that base to contour it for the curved area of the door.

I tried reaching out to them a couple of times to see if they sold just that base, but they never responded.

13 minutes ago, jft69z said:

They use a slick 3D printed base that corrects the angle of the F-body type mirror to work with the Monte. I still spent a bit of time modifying that base to contour it for the curved area of the door.

I tried reaching out to them a couple of times to see if they sold just that base, but they never responded.

The ones I purchased, 4, all had metal bases that were modified. I paint stripped and sanded all mirrors before repriming and painting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

The ones I purchased, 4, all had metal bases that were modified. I paint stripped and sanded all mirrors before repriming and painting. 

Did they also send that 3D printed base too? Mine definitely had a much steeper angle to it than the OEM driver side. 

45 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Did they also send that 3D printed base too? Mine definitely had a much steeper angle to it than the OEM driver side. 

When you say base, do you mean the "gasket" for between the mirror base and the door? I think we are talking about different things. Lol