SS Upper Hockey Sticks Question

MC-71

My question is what’s up and down on the installation of these Part Place hockey sticks?

The number one picture is flat and number two has a bezel. The bezel side matches the bottom of the center molding which would make the flat side the top. Let me know how you installed them or just give me thoughts of the questions.

BF084E70-E09F-4CFF-8F8D-2F218D9CEA46.jpeg

1E3C3234-6F6E-4164-80E3-AC15527F69F2.jpeg

I think the beveled edges will match the chrome strip across the back. But you know you’re going to have to drill new holes to put them on the taillight extensions. Aftermarket pegs do not match oe. 

• Like 1

Yes Dennis I’m very aware of the studs in the wrong place. Just don’t understand why they can’t get a simple thing like reading a ruler and putting them in the correct place. Do your original ones have a flat side that will look up like the repops? Thanks for the help.

3 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Do you really think they can read a tape measure? You're giving them way too much credit. They really need some hands on engineers. They should hire us!

You should have seen some of the young engineers we had when I worked in the chemical industry (DuPont). I got yelled at because I called the trailer they were located in a 'daycare center for engineers' (among a couple of other things I said). Downright dangerous, some of the stuff they tried to do. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

So that's where they go! LOL

Well I think I only have two of those..

Well if you don’t know where they go, then you probably don’t need them cuz you will never miss them. Just send them to me. I could have a use for them. Thanks. (JK). Lol. 

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, mon-tss said:

Is anyone redoing original ones?

I will have 2 sets needing redone. Would prefer to do this than drill new holes

Thanks

I agree that originals are the way to go. Check with a local chrome plating shop about getting yours redone. It likely won’t be cheap.

• Like 2

Whatever shop you take th3m to, be sure to tell them to NOT chrome the back side because that will drastically alter the fit.  I found this out on the back corner roof trim.  The shop that did mine chromed the back side and they became useless.

rob