Kinda popped the question

cny first gen 71

Today was my girlfriends birthday, for her birthday I bought her a ring and asked her to spend the rest of our lives together.  She is a very strong independent women and has been on her own for many years. I've been on my own for about 15 years now so neither of are sure about getting married but aggree we want to spend our lives together. We will move in together in the coming years. Some of you have met Lisa at the eastern meet a few years ago. She knows we need our time together and apart and encourages me to do the car thing and she does come once in a while but not really her thing. I know no pictures didn't happen lol. This is a new chapter of my life I'm really looking forward to. 

IMG9533741.jpg

• Like 6

Congrats. Cars aren’t Karen’s thing at all but we make it work. She respects your passions so if you respect hers you guys will be just fine. Different hobbies are great piece of mind but every once in a while make them merge together. Congrats again and many many happy years together. 

• Like 1

Congrats Steve.  Funny thing, I was wondering earlier today when something like this might be coming.  

The good thing is since you have both been on your own for so long, you have also, over the past years, grown together and have learned to respect your differences.  Like others, Patsy does not get the car thing we all seem to have and it sounds like many of the wives feel the same thing.  It is learning to respect the others likes that helps us to stay together.  Steve, Good luck to you both for a long life together.

rob

• Like 1

Great news Steve !!! Congratulations to you and Lisa on the next chapter in life. Retirement has been very good to you. Wishing you both much peace and happiness !!!

• Like 1

Run.  Run like your hair’s on fire, Steve. 

Just kidding!  Congrats!  If you know you’ve got a good one who puts up with all your s$&t, then you need to keep her on the payroll.  

Mine has put up with me since we started dating in ‘93. Why?  No clue. But I do know that I wouldn’t be half the man I am without her. She has my back 100% of the time and didn’t bat an eye when I decided to buy myself the ‘70 SS as an early retirement gift.  

Or when I bought my ZR-1.

Or when I, on a whim, came home with a new ‘04 GTO just weeks after our daughter was born (“nice car, good call on the 6-speed… have fun getting the baby seat in there” was the only thing she said). 

Kinda makes me feel bad when I tell her “if I would’ve killed you when I met you, I would’ve been out of jail by now“. 

When ya know, ya know. Congrats again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2021 at 8:51 PM, cny first gen 71 said:

Today was my girlfriends birthday, for her birthday I bought her a ring and asked her to spend the rest of our lives together.  She is a very strong independent women and has been on her own for many years. I've been on my own for about 15 years now so neither of are sure about getting married but aggree we want to spend our lives together. We will move in together in the coming years. Some of you have met Lisa at the eastern meet a few years ago. She knows we need our time together and apart and encourages me to do the car thing and she does come once in a while but not really her thing. I know no pictures didn't happen lol. This is a new chapter of my life I'm really looking forward to. 

IMG9533741.jpg

Congrats..  Trich and I have been together for 25 great years, engaged for 19 years. Both married once and both had a bad divorce(in the eighties) We don't want to get married but we are both in it for the long haul..  There's a old saying that applies to both the man and women  "WHY BUY THE COW IF YOUR GETTING THE MILK FOR FREE" 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mikstudie said:

Congrats..  Trich and I have been together for 25 great years, engaged for 19 years. Both married once and both had a bad divorce(in the eighties) We don't want to get married but we are both in it for the long haul..  There's a old saying that applies to both the man and women  "WHY BUY THE COW IF YOUR GETTING THE MILK FOR FREE" 

Same with Karen and myself. Only 17 years though. 

• Like 1

I'm lucky. I still have about 5 years left on my 'lease'. My GF still has about that much time left for her ex to keep paying her alimony & we're certainly not going to let him off the hook for that by getting married. We joked about it not too long ago & I thought I had a year more on the lease than actual was, to which she said it was a year shorter. I replied back something to the tune of, 'at my age, by then I'll probably be dead anyways' 😁. Then comes up the topic of her turning my shop and new building into pet condos or hotels if I'm gone...

Truth be told though (and I've said to her), I'd marry her tomorrow if that's what she wanted. She's by far the best thing that's ever happened to me...kissed a lot of frogs before I got together with her.

• Like 2

Amen brother. Frogs suck. But necessary. Karen and I have had the same conversation. In fact I’d marry her in a New York minute. I will never find anyone else that will tolerate me like she does. And I her for that matter. Lol. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...