Trunk Lid Hinge Adjustment

MC-71

I’m adding a power trunk lock to my Monte. I don’t want the trunk to fly open. In the picture I included it shows 3 notches, does anyone know which one will let the trunk come up a couple of inches. Plus any tips how to move the rods in the correct position.

F86647FE-4848-4ACA-8FC3-5538D1212FF0.jpeg

Move it a notch at a time and try it. I think mine aren't even on both sides, which means you have more than just the 3 notches (mix & match until you get the tension you want).

I slip a deep well socket with an extension over the end of the rod, that'll give you leverage to move it around.

20 hours ago, bob 71 said:

thanks for the tip i want to adjust mine also

You're welcome Bob. Just be careful, you don't want to look like Dennis right now 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

You're welcome Bob. Just be careful, you don't want to look like Dennis right now 🤣

Funny guy. You’re such a funny guy. Lol. But I agree. No one should have to look like I do. O wait you’re talking about my goose egg. Ya that too. lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Funny guy. You’re such a funny guy. Lol. But I agree. No one should have to look like I do. O wait you’re talking about my goose egg. Ya that too. lol. 

Yeah, that's what we'll go with....the goose egg. 😝

• Like 2