Tom's 1971 Monte Carlo

Thought I'd start this here.  Pics a such about my Monte adventure.  I'm not much of a "forum poster"  but here we go.   This is when I brought it home a few months ago.   The wife said DON"T TOUCH IT till winter.  I have a bad habit of taking things apart to make them better.

limage.thumb.png.d0263577ed50182b4de10fd2e3d02054.png

• Like 5

It looks like someone added either an oil cooler or transmission fluid cooler there by the hood latch, definitely not original equipment.  Was there ever a trailer hitch on it, if yes that would explain why someone would add that

rob

• Like 1

Looks like a good 'adventure' as you put it. Keep feeding us pictures and updates, we love them!

Welcome! Like others have said, it looks mostly original. Nice project to start with. What are your plans for her? The car. Lolol 

Much cleaner than my 71 402, aka Barn Find. Lol

PXL_20210702_144004195.jpg

IMG_20190824_160039.jpg

• Like 3

Ahhhh!!! Your baby's birth certificate has been located.  Very cool for a variety of reasons. I’m hoping to find a second one when my interior gets ripped out. 

And welcome. Tom!  Great looking ‘71, love the color. 

23 hours ago, SSpev said:

Thought I'd start this here.  Pics a such about my Monte adventure.  I'm not much of a "forum poster"  but here we go.   This is when I brought it home a few months ago.   The wife said DON"T TOUCH IT till winter.  I have a bad habit of taking things apart to make them better.

Nice looking ride. 👌 

can any one explain why my fuel lines and filter are different than any other 350?  The lines bracket and all appear to be original minus the filter.

On page 450 of the assembly manual you can see my setup  LT4 sheet 6m-2.  Being a California car it should have smog on it too.

maybe a carry over from a 70 400?

IMG_1298.JPEG

On 10/29/2021 at 12:24 PM, SSpev said:

Nice looking ride 👌

13 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Someone probably re-routed it at some point in time for one reason or another possibility to add the inline filter. My 71 is a California car also and has never had any other smog stuff on it. Built in California and originally sold in California. 

Could be but it is of such precise quality it would have to be factory from something.   I need to follow the return line to the tank.   No smog?  I thought by the every car in California had smog.  

16 minutes ago, SSpev said:

Could be but it is of such precise quality it would have to be factory from something.   I need to follow the return line to the tank.   No smog?  I thought by the every car in California had smog.  

The only thing on mine is a PCV valve (they all have that) and charcoal canister with return line. I don't remember if it had the vent in the back seat. Dosen't look like it ever had an AIR pump on it. Original exhaust manifolds no plugs in them. I know it spent at least the first 8 or so years in long Beach California,  I found a registration from 1978 under the seat when I pulled it out. Not really sure what they used for smog back then but that's all mine has. 71 small block, mostly Original. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in with more.