Further updates to our page identifying first gen Monte Carlo differences

Great job Arron!

Ā  Ā  I have one suggestion. Where you describe the rear trim differences, you mention the 71 SS. How do you feel about adding a picture in that section of the 71 SS rear end treatment along with mentioning the pad on the bumper?Ā 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Great job Arron!

Ā  Ā  I have one suggestion. Where you describe the rear trim differences, you mention the 71 SS. How do you feel about adding a picture in that section of the 71 SS rear end treatment along with mentioning the pad on the bumper?Ā 

I considered that but just havenā€™t hunted down the photo I want to use yet. Iā€™d like one the same angle as the other three rear end shots. It is discussed and shown in detail on the SS454 page.

• Like 1

Looks good. Maybe another thing I just thought about is saying which is unique to these cars is no fgmc ever came from the factory with Red Interior or any variation of Red.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

Looks good. Maybe another thing I just thought about is saying which is unique to these cars is no fgmc ever came from the factory with Red Interior or any variation of Red.

Arron. Hereā€™s one you may use if you want. If you want a different angle let me know.Ā 

3E96F783-1A25-424D-898E-AFD84145E2CC.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

I considered that but just havenā€™t hunted down the photo I want to use yet. Iā€™d like one the same angle as the other three rear end shots. It is discussed and shown in detail on the SS454 page.

Ā 

7B1C3FEC-9A56-4B41-976B-69D8217C4993.jpeg

Very nice Aaron.Ā  The main thing I would like to see changed is the statements for both the under headlight chrome strip and the Full Halo being an Early 70 items.Ā  These were both used in almost the entire production year at the Baltimore plant and since we don't have a cutoff date at the other plantsĀ  but assume that as they ran out sometime during the 70 production year they didn't reorder.Ā Ā 

We also don't know on some cars how many of the fender extension chrome strips were removed and never reinstalled.Ā  Bottom line is neither the full halo or extension chrome strip were intended to be an early production item.

rob

• Like 1

I can say this much about the 70s made at the Flint plant, Big Red, my 70 SS Has the under headlight chrome and a Halo top. The tubbed 70 my son just purchased does not have the chrome and from the body work on the roof where the "Studs" for the clips for the vynal top trim were, it had a full top.Ā 

Big Red was built Sept 69 (early) and my son's was built July 70 (later).Ā 

My original 70, have to find the build date, built in Baltimore didn't have the headlight extension chrome and a full vynal top.Ā 

• Like 1

Still feel a 71 SS rear pic should be added only because it is mentioned in the description. Under the pic you could add something like, for more SS specific identification see... The link you mentioned. Again, just a thought.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Very nice Aaron.Ā  The main thing I would like to see changed is the statements for both the under headlight chrome strip and the Full Halo being an Early 70 items.Ā  These were both used in almost the entire production year at the Baltimore plant and since we don't have a cutoff date at the other plantsĀ  but assume that as they ran out sometime during the 70 production year they didn't reorder.Ā Ā 

We also don't know on some cars how many of the fender extension chrome strips were removed and never reinstalled.Ā  Bottom line is neither the full halo or extension chrome strip were intended to be an early production item.

rob

I reworded the page :)

Great Post & information Aaron! šŸ‘

Suggestions by others made it even more complete! I'm a 35 year Monte junkie, and learned a few things here!

This forum has so much knowledge! Thanks to ALL!šŸ˜Ž

The '72 I once owned had a 454 in it. I heard those might be special. Is there anything that can be gleened from the serial#(fromĀ  the Title) that would give me specifics. It was pretty loaded up so..?

Jeff