GM Released Monte Pics...What's wrong with these photos?

It's hard to believe this was just 50 years ago. We have come a long way as a society,  but it's still kind of strange to see two different versions of the exact same press photo, simply based on what appears to be race. A reminder we always need to do better for everyone's sake!👍

Screenshot_20211121-014243_Gallery.jpg

20211121_013603.jpg

6 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I like the photo's but not the hub caps

rob

My 71 had these same hubcaps when I bought it in 1978. I ran into a guy that had a new 77 Monte Carlo with a set of Cragers on it. I quizzed him and found out it came with Rallies. When I asked him if he was interested in selling the Rallies he said make him an offer. When he accepted my offer of $50 I thought I had offered to much! LOL! What a difference a set of wheels makes!

On 11/23/2021 at 12:10 AM, Glen said:

I find it interesting/suspect that the black couple are featured in the colored photo while the white couple occupy the black and white photo. 

EXACTLY what I thought! 😃 

But more Suspect is they (GM) "thought"  they had to appeal to 2 different audiences!

Such a strange time that was!

Btw, I bought the original 8x10 photo (black and white photo) and was from a newspaper ad from late 1969.

Jeff 1970 SS454