Trouble shooting factory cruise control

jja

The factory cruise control (cc) on my 1970 MC was working before I replaced the vacuum hoses. The new vacuum hoses seem a little more rigid, but seem to have the same inside diameter as the old hoses. The darn thing won't engage like before. Switch at blinker has always been a little iffy. Kinda goes in slowly when you press it in. Was going to start with the obvious making sure current is flowing to the appliance. I understand some folks have figured a way to take CC unit apart and clean it ?

Any help is appreciated. 

I'd start with the vacuum hoses, make sure there's no restrictions in them and make sure you have the proper vacuum to them. You may be able to use some contact cleaner on the switch at the end of the stalk. Also make sure you have power where your supposed to have it. Its been a long time since I worked on one of those hopefully someone may chime in with more info.

May sound stupid, but if it worked before you replaced the hoses & now it doesn't, I'd retrace my steps and make sure it's all hooked up correctly.