Happy Thanksgiving

Yes everyone please have a safe and happy thanksgiving. Our plans have changed 3 times over the past week but somehow we'll get through it. Looks to be a much smaller gathering than usual due to covid but its better to be safe than sorry. Be safe all and enjoy!

Well, 1st time in 12 yrs I get to spend time with my family and friends this year. 'Course we have 12 HR shifts after and the weekend too, So this will be special. Son is home from College, Grandson and Mom here too. Detroit Lions on the TV in my new man cave complete with pool table and pinball machine, plus semi finished bar. No one drives home either...... Sleepover!! Happy Thanksgiving to one and All !!

Thanksgiving traditions in our household. 

Thanksgiving Parade of course, that is a given. 

At noon every year WDVE, a local FM Radio Rock Station, plays the full "Alice's Restaurant" song.  For those of you that are too young to know, Alice's Restaurant was a movie and song by Arlo Gutherie.  Arlo was in the movie and the reason they play this song every thanksgiving day is the movie basically takes place at Thanksgiving.  It is not what I would call a great movie by today's standards but for those of us who were in their late teens to twenty's when the movie was released, it is sort of a cult classic.

Later in the day we will break out the VCR tape and watch "Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  It is a great Thanksgiving movie staring Steve Martin and John Candy and a movie that I will never tire of.

Oh, wait, I forgot.... we will say Grace, give thanks and eat turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings.

rob