*Post your 1970 ORIGINAL Grille Emblem ANOTHER DIFFERENCE NOTICED! Has anyone else ever noticed?

Rare SS

I wasn't sure if this belonged in this "Restorers" or the "General" so have put it in what I thought better suited this post re: Originality!

I posted a short while ago about the subtle differences in the Roman numerals on the knight's helmet from 1970-72

I have now just seen yet ANOTHER subtle difference and wonder who else has seen this?

The original 1970 Grille emblem has a knight with a notched nose in helmet, yet the 1971 and 72 do not have this same notch. Unfortinately, this is now true for the re-popped 1970 emblem...NO NOTCH!  First time I have ever seen this.

A true purest would want this original 1970 emblem on their grille, not the generic re-popped emblem (which has not Screenshot_20211127-202440_Gallery.thumb.jpg.cf9f980f3970ef834d7b34909ba5995f.jpgScreenshot_20211127-202531_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e4399e45b6dc5d2b6f7a3ba1f1ab6094.jpgbeen notched!) I thought I knew so much 😏

Has anyone else noticed this before?

Jeff 1970 SS

Screenshot_20211127-202927_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211127-203311_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211127-203000_Gallery.jpg

• Rare SS changed the title to *Post your 1970 ORIGINAL Grille Emblem ANOTHER DIFFERENCE NOTICED! Has anyone else ever noticed?

I agree, it does appear to be a convenient area to be hit, but the finish is the exact same everywhere,  and I don't believe anyone would have it re-chromed after it got hit. This is why I asked if anyone else has noticed this? I thought  I was wrong once, but I could have been mistaken!

Lets put this to rest!

*Has anyone got an original 1970 Grille emblem they can post here?

Aaron that was my thought dirt or debris of soime kind in the mold. I used to work with die cast metal starter houising and osme of the stuuf I have seen makde me wonder what the heck is going on. My dad was a pipe fitter for the moldoing machines and he told some of the thing that get thrown into the molten metal did damage a few molds causing the parts to come out with defects.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My 72 originally had the 1971 Roman numerals on the trunk emblem. Probably left over stock from 1971 as mine was an early 72 build.

• Like 1