This 71 Monte is TOO WELL DONE!!!

Screenshot_20211128-001026_Outlook.jpg.0e20de6ec1c51e1337a3355bd96e2a61.jpgMy buddy had a Monte which burned in 1988 😲. Prior to it burning, this was an excellent car. Very straight body with beautiful paint and a flawless vinyl top! All of the chrome was replaced NEW from GM when the car was painted!

I bought it as salvage from the insurance company and it ended up becoming my Monte (number 4.)

I spent many hours on this car; Sandblasting, cleaning and prepping the metal for a repaint. I used zinc chromate primer (*advised by a body shop) From my parts hoard, I replaced the steering column, carpeting, quarter window glass and dash, the wiring harness, kick panels and vents, etc.

I ended up selling the car in 1989 when I shelved it for a while after pulling the motor. (I never did finish it... lost my steam!)

*My Dad said that's when I discovered GIRLS! 🤷‍♂️🤸‍♂️😜

Jeff 1970 SS454

Screenshot_20211128-001026_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-001002_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-001026_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-001051_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20211128-001115_Outlook.jpg

• Like 4

• Rare SS changed the title to This 71 Monte is TOO WELL DONE!!!

Hey Jeff did you know why she got hot? I was going to say i did some wiring on her but i think that might even be too much Hottness for me. lol She looked like a great car prior though.

Also your Dad was right, when the Twins start showing up its hard to concentrate on cars. Even harder when you have a daily to drive. That much harder to get back to the hot rod.   I am sure we all had that problem one way or another.

• Haha 1

Why'd it burn?

I heard stories, from an electrical short

(by "Willie's Auto Lektrik") 🔥💥

to a jealous person tossing a cig into the open window!

Never did find out, but that Willie sure got out of business quickly! 😏

• Like 1