Spearless Monte hood 1969 GM Press Photo

3 hours ago, overdrive said:

Rob, do you think all '70s from the Baltimore plant had the full halo trim? 

Dan 

Dan,

I can mostly speak about my own.  Mine being built the third week of June is a very late build.  I also can't speak to how many assembly lines were in individual plants.  From pictures I have seen of some of the plants, they had multiple lines running at the same time.  I guess my main point is when I see people post that the "Full Halo" and under headlight trim were only on early production Monte's.  

rob

• 2 months later...

I have 2 70 monte carlos. Michigan plant. 05A monte has the 70 type or that 1inch paint line there. The other is a 05C Michigan plant monte. Vinyl top Trim goes straight to the windshield. 71 type trim. 05c monte was never messed with. Purchased back in 1986 and put in storage. Started restoration 1 year ago.

I am doing a concours frame off correct restoration on the 70 monte carlo. As far as i know the headlight trim lower cast chrome was a early thing. Ill have to look at the headlight extensions that were on the car. There is a difference with the hole size for the 2 lower screws. Cast chrome bezels had a large screw hole. 70 montes that didnt get the lower chrome had small holes for the screws to go thru. I have both kinds here. some nos some used. Ill see if the car i am restoring has the non cast chrome headlight extensions. Hope this helps. It would be nice to hear some comments on this. I am new to this group. I started driving restoring 70 montes in 1980 till about 1995. Started back on them last year. I have a ton of parts as i never threw anything out. Thanks Brian