Vintage 454 License Plates etc.

I have been collecting vintage license plates for a few years now with interesting numbers/ letters. On my drive back with my newest 70 SS from the southern U.S., I stopped in at several antique stores in Okla, Nebraska, Kansas the Dakotas, etc.and rummaged through their license plate boxes. 

One of the best treasures was found in Guthrie, Oklahoma. "RVD 454" from 1971 in Texas! "REVVED 454" goes well with my car!😎

Also among these are a few Manitoba test plates and a few off my SS Montes over the years.

"7T1 SS" was on my World of Wheels showcar (during the late 80's) where Scotty from Star Trek asked me about the meaning of the plate. He thought it was clever, but I explained not really; the truth was Manitoba wouldn't allow a simple "71 SS" (hence the "T").

I can only hang these by the Monte on the walls of my shop, because in Manitoba, we need both front and rear plates to match. ☹

It would be cool to see anyone's license plate collection, or especially the one running on their Monte! Show your plate!

Jeff 1970 "RARE SS"

Screenshot_20211206-005751_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211206-005732_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211206-005912_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211206-010006_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211206-005849_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

I have a few dozen from my personal cars/motorcycles hanging in the small shop.

The one that cost me the most? The white AFI plate (Armed Forces Italy), cost 2 years of my life while stationed in Italy with the USAF. The other ones are my very first NY plate on the left, was on a '72 Monte Carlo. The next couple were on my second 72 Monte while in the AF, one while stationed in Mississippi.  The Wisconsin one is where I left the Monte with a buddy in an underground parking garage, those 2 years while in Europe. The right most plate may be from that same Monte when I came back home, not sure.

20211206_065417.jpg

20211206_070816.jpg

• Like 2

Got a couple interesting plates in the family.

We’re big Simpsons fans, so the MMM BEER was mine when the ‘08 Sonata was my daily driver (plate now retired and hanging on the wall). If I had a nickel for every time I looked up in the rearview mirror to see someone taking a picture of it.

Then when Mama took the Sonata from me when I got Vicky, she put her nod to Jimmy Buffett - CHSBRGR - on the car. Interesting sidenote… The crushed fender is a result of my daughters first attempt at backing the car into the garage when she took it over from Mama. Better the 130K mile daily driver crush the door frame /weatherstripping than Vicky 🤣🤣

And the ZR-1 has a spin on one of my favorite sayings:  “gotta pay your dues”. 

B1A0B7B9-9706-4EEC-973E-619ECAD7DDC2.png

375FC2A0-6806-4279-9068-56024E36CF47.png

96AE2173-DD64-42B5-8BFB-9960A3AE2AAA.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rare SS said:

I made these plates for the guy I sold my Texas Gold SS to. He lives in New Hampshire. Was a nice surprise when they opened the trailer!

Screenshot_20211207-130927_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211207-131021_Gallery.jpg

I remember the video of this car online. Specifically the “Stovall Chev. Co.” sticker. If I remember correctly it had already sold by the time the video came my way… Beautiful car…if it was still for sale when I first saw it I would’ve definitely made an offer. 

28 minutes ago, Glen said:

I remember the video of this car online. Specifically the “Stovall Chev. Co.” sticker. If I remember correctly it had already sold by the time the video came my way… Beautiful car…if it was still for sale when I first saw it I would’ve definitely made an offer. 

This car was flawless!

I never saw such a clean and untouched body! It truly reflected the 38,000 miles!   *future post!

Jeff 1970 SS Black

Screenshot_20180715-203700_Gallery.jpg

6 hours ago, Rare SS said:

I made these plates for the guy I sold my Texas Gold SS to. He lives in New Hampshire. Was a nice surprise when they opened the trailer!

Screenshot_20211207-130927_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211207-131021_Gallery.jpg

What is the color of this car?

My original Monte was Desert Sand an I rarely see one in that color.

rob