‘71 SS for sale on Barn Finds

Glen

I'm an idiot that can do the bodywork & has the tools & experience, and still wouldn't touch that car at that price. Notice there aren't any bidders at all & there's only 16 hours left?

45 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I'm an idiot that can do the bodywork & has the tools & experience, and still wouldn't touch that car at that price. Notice there aren't any bidders at all & there's only 16 hours left?

Too funny. 

But you raise an excellent point. $4-5K max, providing the trans and rear end are original and I wake up tomorrow somehow magically transformed into a body man as I slept. 

Someone thinks they have a big money car but it is more that they have a big money pit car.  I can't figure out the interior, tan dash, black side panels.  It had a vinyl top.  Can't  really tell how bad the floors and trunk are.  I have seen worse brought back so it is a restorable car and I do hope someone is able to give it new life.

rob

That kind of money should at least have some desirable options. No buckets, console, gauge package, power windows or locks, etc. Does have a tilt wheel though. Regardless, way too much work involved to even consider for that kind of money.

I looked at the car on Ebay and don't think it's a bad deal. Seems like a solid car ,less than normal rust for us Northeast people. It does not have the numbers matching engine but a service replacement block. It has most of the SS stuff and is one of the 1919 SS built in 71.I hope someone restorers this one. Just my opinion 😀

Makes me feel better about my purchase price of 7500. Same basic car but with all numbers matching drivetrain,power windows and locks and a/c. But advantage me no rust whatsoever. But for a true car I don’t think 8500 is horrible but that’s just the start of the bidding. Let’s see where it goes. 

11 minutes ago, Jared Richey said:

That's a SOLID car. Built a bunch easy fix.

I've seen total basket cases for 8500 10 years ago. 

You should go for it Jared.  

rob

• 3 weeks later...