Grill Badge

John S

I also received my 15 year grill badge and the dark red club banner. Thank you so much!

Bruce

• Like 2

• Rob Peters changed the title to Grill Badge

I also received my 20 year badge. Thanks double Rob. I’ve been a member since year 2000. I remember signing up on Web TV. I’m sure a lot of members don’t know what was Web TV.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MC-71 said:

I also received my 20 year badge. Thanks double Rob. I’ve been a member since year 2000. I remember signing up on Web TV. I’m sure a lot of members don’t know what was Web TV.

Still have the setup in the basement somewhere???  In a box. Lol

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MC-71 said:

Many members will be receiving their 5, 10, 15 and 20 Anniversary Awards.  I would like to thank our club Secretary BOB WIEMELS for getting these mailed out.  The reason some people will receive multiple Anniversary Awards is the club did not have any awards for 15 and 20 years of "CONTINUOUS" membership until recently when I was able to find the company who made our 5 year awards and we had them adapt that badge into a 15 and 20 year badges.

Regarding 10 year members.  Some people will be receiving their 10 year Anniversary Awards.  At this point we have run out of the 10 year Anniversary Awards.  There was nothing in our club records to tell me where the 10 year awards were ordered from but I have reached out to past Club President, Andreas and he was able to point me in the right direction.  I am in contact with that small company and they had contracted that out to a company which has gone out of business so I am currently working with them and they are looking for a desirable material to print these 10 Year Anniversary Awards design and once that is completed they will get the printed and out to us and at that time we Bob will be sending them out to you.  Thank you all for your patience and understanding on this.

rob

• Like 5

12 hours ago, DragCat said:

Congrats to all ! 

Someone should change the thread title, I was curious what a grill bag was and now I chuckle every time I see it lol 

Voice dictation doesn’t work all the time. Should have proof read it before posting.

John S

19 hours ago, John S said:

Voice dictation doesn’t work all the time. Should have proof read it before posting.

John S

No worries John, and I wasn't laughing at the mistake more of what was running through my mind when I read it. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, 72Ragtop said:

Curious what these grill badges are and look like...I've been a member since 2006.

David,

According to the club records you were sent the 5 year Anniversary grill badge and the 10+ Year Anniversary Banner when those anniversaries occured.  Yes, you joined in 2006 but you would not receive a 15 Year Anniversary because you have not paid dues since 2017 so your Dues Paying Membership ended in 2018 when your dues would have become due that year.

If you have any questions regarding the Anniversary Awards please email me. 

Sammy, I made a backing plate out of some aluminum I had lying around. You will likely have to do the same.

Or you could just JB weld it on, your call. 

:k

• Haha 1

No, that is exactly how we received them from the manufacturer.  The actual badge,without our logo, is a standard badge with our logo added.

While we call it a grill badge, looking at the length of the threaded studs, I think the the studs, being that long and that thin were made to pass through the fins of a radiator to attach and be displayed on a car with an exposed radiator. 

When I speak of an exposed radiator I am talking about ones like my Model A Ford or some of the European sports cars.

Most of us just get some large diameter washer with a small center hole and use them to mount them.

rob