Door Glass Help

Glen

Since my girl is all covered up and in the bubble for the winter, can someone chime in and verify if this door window glass is original to our cars?  Mine has the tinted glass and there are some imperfections in both, so I figured if I can grab these for the right price I’ll try to scoop them up. 

Speaking of which… What’s a fair price for these provided they’re in excellent condition?  

It appears the rear window glass is still in the car… Mine also has some scratches in that as well.  What’s a fair price on the rear window glass if this dude can remove it without breaking it?

The seller is very close to my house, so here’s the link for other pieces he has;  if someone is interested in any of it let me know and I can be the middleman. 

Here’s the craigslist link:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/d/monte-carlo-trunk-lid-door-glass/7408600840.html

B7A60070-7D3D-46A9-92C3-3F8C1F738D37.png

8D696411-4CEC-470E-9ADF-0113AE09251E.png

5 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Any idea what he wants for the quarter extensions, I really don't need them but if there cheep enough it's worth having extras laying around. 

I literally texted him 20 minutes ago, still waiting on a response. I noticed his ad is 29 days old, but unlikely that everything has been picked clean in such a niche market.   I’ll keep you posted as soon as I hear back from him. 

• Like 1

I responded to another ad he had that basically said bunch of Monte parts. I told him I was looking for a pass door glass and asked him to get me the code and send me a picture. About three weeks later this ad popped up. Never heard from the guy and that same as has been up for about a year. Just reposted to refresh the date. Might turn out ok with you living there. 

3 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Any idea what he wants for the quarter extensions, I really don't need them but if there cheep enough it's worth having extras laying around. 

Steve… I PM’d you. Check it out and shoot me a text when you get a minute 

27 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I responded to another ad he had that basically said bunch of Monte parts. I told him I was looking for a pass door glass and asked him to get me the code and send me a picture. About three weeks later this ad popped up. Never heard from the guy and that same as has been up for about a year. Just reposted to refresh the date. Might turn out ok with you living there. 

Based on the approximate location he said he’s at, it’s not the nicest neighborhood,  so maybe he’s on some bulls%#t. I told him I’d meet him sometime tomorrow…won’t he be surprised if he thinks he’s setting me up to rob me 🤣😂

And thanks for deciphering that window glass… I just wanted to make sure it’s authentic. He claims it’s tinted glass, which I have… And his pictures appear that he is correct in saying that. But I’ve only dealt in craigslist one time in my life and it was a complete s%#tshow. I’ll keep you posted…

12 minutes ago, Glen said:

won’t he be surprised if he thinks he’s setting me up to rob me 🤣😂

That'll be funny. What's the old saying, don't bring a knife to a gun fight? lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

That'll be funny. What's the old saying, don't bring a knife to a gun fight? lol

Ha!  I’ll probably bring the 105 pound fur missile, too. He’s one hell of a visual deterrent 🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reporting back as promised.

Each of the four pieces (both doors and quarters) had some imperfections I wasn’t comfortable with. We even thoroughly cleaned them to be sure, but that’s not entirely unexpected with 50+ year old glass.  I passed for now, but he says he has a buddy that might have some he’ll look into for me. 

Regarding the quarter extensions:  he said he’d come down to $100 if anyone is interested. They look to be in really decent shape if anyone is so inclined.  Heres a few pictures I took…

(and thanks for everybody’s advice and input! ). 

7AAE8602-A78A-4620-810B-2E77A3F9BFEF.jpeg

751D4B5B-7823-4040-8628-2B48ADEC642E.jpeg

76D8D563-B704-46FF-97AF-B114F91ADEEA.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’m glad you got ahold of him. I think my issue may have been the distance. 

Turns out he is a super laid-back, legitimate dude. Currently restoring a ‘69 Camaro SS convertible and a ‘70 442 Cutlass convertible. I also noticed a ‘69 AMX Javelin with a 390 tucked off in a corner awaiting restoration and a C3 ‘Vette under a cover.

He did mention that he came from across the city to this particular garage, which might lend credence to your inability to hook up with him. 

Either way, if anyone needs me to check out any thing he might have listed, I’d be happy to do so, just give a shout. 

• Like 1