Impulse Control Fail... 56 Belair 2dr HT

Jared Richey

I wasn't really looking for a 56 Chevy at all this popped up on my feed on fb.  But things happen I guess. 😆

265 V8 Power Glide 78k miles 

Paint is 20 footer, laquer cracking bad 

Here is the video from the trip home. 

56 is definitely my #2 faith tri five  

20211217_121101.jpg

20211217_121053.jpg

20211217_151650.jpg

20211217_151659.jpg

20211217_151710.jpg

• Like 8

Congratulations on your find and purchase, Jared!   I understand and share your affection for '56 Chevys.

The first car I ever owned was a '56 Chevy Bel Air 4-door HT with a 265 and a Powerglide.  Mine was Turquois blue and Ivory like the one on your sweatshirt.  I was a sophomore in high school when I bought it for $600 in '63 with my own money. 

I couldn't afford any major modifications back then so a chrome air cleaner and exhaust tip plus a set of baby moons was pretty much it. Flat black electricians tape on all of the vertical bars of the chrome grill gave the effect of a billet grill and was easily reversible. New rear tires and a new water pump were also added, otherwise it was completely original and in good shape inside and out.

Loved that car but a rod was beginning to knock and I knew I couldn't afford an engine rebuild so I dumped a couple of cans of STP in the crankcase and sold it after a year for $375.  Good experience and good memories ...

Good luck restoring yours - it's a beauty!

• Like 1