Mecum Jan 2022

The red 70 SS looks good but certainly not a super high dollar car. A few issues if I wanted to pick it apart but still a decent car. There's a much nicer 71 SS454 posted in the for sale section of our forum for the low end of the price range suggested for this car.

The black 1970 "SS" has a small block fan shroud. More investigation needed there.

I almost choked last time I was at Mecum and saw the "estimated" prices in the window write up on some cars. But to be fair ive seen nice cars go across the block for less than I expected. 

One thing I dislike about Mecum is the amount of reserve cars, but Ive gone, bought the bidder badge and tried to play. Never walked away with a SOLD decal from them or BJ lol 

23 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

The screw in the trim is not factory. The grille emblem leaves the front looking blahhh. Overall nice car though. 

That’s kind of what I meant by it not being a top dollar car. Overall nice car but it is missing some details.

A lot to look at !! These auctions are something to watch as prices soar out of sight. Some of these cars are not what they seem to be. You have to see them yourself. That's the only way to know what your looking at. I have my eye on a certain few I'd like to buy, but I know I'll be outbid. post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'll have to see if I can watch the re-runs tonight, although tv doesn't give a good eyeball. I did notice that some "restored cars" (for example there was a group of 69 Camaros) that were up in price. Maybe restored are getting closer to restomod money