Monte Carlo script

CBush77

Got my second First Gen last year. Having a bunch of work done to her. Wanting to put some personal custom touches to her. I was wondering if anyone knows what script was used for the Monte Carlo emblem? Haven’t been able to find it anywhere. Any help is appreciated. 

23132C4E-9485-416E-857C-A8319409B61D.jpeg

229CA6F8-CF79-4CB9-A601-1DC7BED85B20.jpeg

• Like 6

From what I recall it is a custom font GM created for the emblem.  Many years ago when the club logo was created we had to get permission from GM to even use the script.

6 hours ago, Canuck said:

From what I recall it is a custom font GM created for the emblem.  Many years ago when the club logo was created we had to get permission from GM to even use the script.

Aaron is correct, the font was specially created.  When one of our members created our club logo I write GM/Chevrolet and requested permission to use it and the grill emblem knight and it was approved.

rob

I was looking for the font used on the sail panel emblems. I have named her Sofia. I was looking to have her name written in that font someplace. So I would have to contact GM ask them if it’s okay to do that? And they can tell me what font it is? Or send me the name in that font?

35 minutes ago, CBush77 said:

I was looking for the font used on the sail panel emblems. I have named her Sofia. I was looking to have her name written in that font someplace. So I would have to contact GM ask them if it’s okay to do that? And they can tell me what font it is? Or send me the name in that font?

My guess is they only custom made the letters necessary for “Monte Carlo”. I don’t think it is a font that is available anywhere. You would likely need to create the font for “Sofia” that appears the same as the Monte script. No permission would be needed for that since it would not be protected by copyright.

Microsoft Word has a few loaded that are close. The 'M' is off on both, but the lower one looks real good on the 'Carlo' part.

Script.JPG

• Like 1