Oil pressure gauge

Dtret

I would like to add an oil pressure gauge. I’m not cutting the dash and I really don’t want a knee knocker. I started looking at little digital gauges that use double sided tape to stick it somewhere. Has anyone used anything like this or have a different suggestion. I’m open. I just want to see my oil pressure. Thanks 

Theres a member here (can't remember who, gold Monte?) who has gauges on his console, and also exterior of hood. I was going to do the hood placement but got talked out of it. I think it looks cool and old school. Anyway, I didn't trust myself to cut into the console so I placed mine under the dash above the console. Not in the way and very visible while driving . Just my .02 

Gauges.jpeg

• Like 2

I hung them in my old Monte under the dash with a bracket I made, sort of in the same location Mark did. I made it out of sheet aluminum though. I can make you one if you decide on a gauge size.

There's plenty of options here if you want to mod your gauges a little (like replace the amp gauge, clock, etc):

http://www.tachman.com/gm.htm

I built a mount that I bolted to the bottom of the dash above the center console..... It holds 4 gauges and the switch for the transmission. No interference at all.

Mind you, the ashtray doesn't open all the way anymore.... Small loss. 

thumbnail_Resized_20210924_125137_4195.jpg

They are good ideas and really look good but that’s not what I want. No cutting or drilling if possible. I want something inconspicuous. ( yes I had to spell check that. It’s a big word for me. Lol). 

• Haha 1

Dennis, can you give us an example of the little digital "inconspicuous" gauge your speaking of? If its small enough you could fab some kind of little stand and set it in the ash tray. Only to be seen when your driving and you open the ash tray. 

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

..... and set it in the ash tray. Only to be seen when your driving and you open the ash tray. 

That's where I set the 3.5" handheld display for the EFI. It's on a cord & I just tuck it in there, but at least it's out of sight. I was going to maybe mount it in the driver side air vent location with velcro or something, but it was just a little larger than that opening.

That would fit in the ash tray from the look of it. Better than nothing....maybe, lol. How much does it cost?

15 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That would fit in the ash tray from the look of it. Better than nothing....maybe, lol. How much does it cost?

I think it’s like 45 bucks. But it is probably junk and unreliable. They are all shipped from China. Autometer and Dakota don’t have anything like that. I wonder why. Lol. I don’t care if it’s seen, I just don’t want to drill or cut. 

11 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Could always do a sonny's gauge conversion with the oil pressure gauge instead of the amp gauge. Clean, factory look. 

Ya I already got the sonny gauge package. I went volts instead of amps. I didn’t quite think that through long enough. Lol. Oil pressure would have been better but then I would be asking the same the about a volt gauge. Lol. I can’t win. 

Velcro. I did that with my transmission controller. Its not in the picture but it is velcro'd to the side of my gauge pod out of sight. You can always do something like that with your oil pressure gauge since the adhesive from the velcro will clean off when you decide you dont like it any more. Used to use the old velco method in my patrol car for all kinds of things. 

20141112_154227.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Velcro. I did that with my transmission controller. Its not in the picture but it is velcro'd to the side of my gauge pod out of sight. You can always do something like that with your oil pressure gauge since the adhesive from the velcro will clean off when you decide you dont like it any more. Used to use the old velco method in my patrol car for all kinds of things. 

20141112_154227.jpg

I can if I find the one I want. Other than that steering wheel that interior looks pretty familiar. Lol. 

I just found this “in stock “ ( lol I got to finally do that). I can probably mount it to one of the ashtray screws above the front of the console. Not what I want but it’s free. Lol. 

070CB00C-1248-476F-A780-8632BFFDA8C7.jpeg

• Like 1

In Stock LOL ! Gotta luv it . 

Another just my .02, don't use the plastic tube it comes with, get a copper kit, autometer #3224.

I didn't have to drill or cut anything to install mine (probably why they aren't spaced equally) but I didn't care lol. On my blue oval car because of the dash and console I went old school and used velcro and zip ties and mounted them on the steering column. Again, for me it was function over looks. 

4 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Looks alright but it looks lonely, seems like there should be at least 2 together. 

I don’t have a second one. I could screw with people and put a boost gauge there. Lol. 

• Haha 1