1971 Bumper question

Monster Carlo

I have been rebuilding a 1970 Monte Carlo for a while and finally getting to the exterior stuff.  The front bumper that came with the car appears to be a 71 with the square lights.  I can not find the parts to fill these holes.  can someone give me a link or place to get the housing, lens and what led bulb I should use please.

monte 3.jpg

monte 1.jpg

monte 2.jpg

• Like 1

Hi. I don't believe the housings are being made repo. The lens' are. The 70 Chevelle stuff may look correct but they are not. The Chevelle is smaller. The last pic is of a 71 Monte housing. 

I'm sure you know the 70 is supposed to have the round turn signals and bumper. The 70 el Camino used the same bumper as the 70. That being said, they repop the turn signal housings and lenses for the El Camino. The lenses are amber/yellow on the El Camino of you want a different look. If not, the 70 Monte Carlo lenses are reproduced. I have them on Big Red.

IMG_20190925_190353.jpg

IMG_20190928_181906.jpg

IMG_20200708_131114.jpg

That is a beautiful 70 Monte Carlo you have there.  I do know the 70 housing's are available because they are also used in the ElCamino as is the 70 reproduction bumpers.  I have had a reproduction 70 bumper on the front of my 70 and the fit and finish is excellent.  I installed the new bumper over 12 years ago and it still looks great.  

There may be some members who have the parts you want for the 71 bumper if that is the way you want to go.

rob

Looks like Tom and I posted at the same time.  One thing I forgot to say is this......

Welcome aboard.  I see this was your first post here on the boards.  We hope you like you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.

rob

• Like 1

Welcome, very nice car. I know The Parts Place has the 71 lenses but I’m not sure about the whole assembly. You can try Konnicks. Information is in the resource section of the site. 

• Like 1

Thank you all.  I know the 70 is supposed to have the round lights but this thing is nickel and diming to death like a show car should 🤑 and was trying to avoid buying a new bumper.   I found the lenses at the parts place but no housings. Hopefully a member has a set of housings they want to sell. 🤞

You might try Kijiji or something like that. Occasionally I've found someone parting out a car that is past the point of restoration. There have been a few, but earlt spring seem to be the best time. 

I have a set of the parking lights (front lenses and back mounting pieces). Great condition. If you are interested, please let me know and I can send some pics, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff SS454 Black