Wiper delay modules

72 Monte Carlo

Is anyone here wanting to have the ability to have wiper delay of 3 to 30 seconds, in a module that is plug and play and doesn't require any wiring modifications, and it plugs in between the wiper switch and wiper motor? 

I'm going to be building them for the 60's to 72 Chevy/GMC Pickups, Blazers, Jimmys, and Burbs, and I thought that fellow Monte owners would like to be able to have wiper delay functionality as well. 

I'm just getting started on this as I took over the mantle from a friend that used to make them, but he is giving me the green light to build them from now on.

It will be hidden under the dash, with only a single 5/16" hole for wherever you decide to mount the wiper delay switch and knob.

Members list of interest in wiper delay modules;

Leghome

72-CLASSIC_RIDE

71MonteCarloMD

bob 71

SPLATT71MC

• Like 1

I will try to keep the wiper delay units under $100, but it depends upon the cost of the parts and my labor to build each one. 4.5 years ago they were $56.95 shipped.

Here is a video of it in a 67-72 Chevy pickup for reference;

Wiper delay module 

On 1/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, 72-CLASSIC_RIDE said:

As mine is a 72 and has Park Wipers, how will this system work with them?  I wouldn't want wipers to return to park after each wiper swipe when in intermittent mode.  Thanx.......

Doug

When I get one built for my 72 Monte Carlo, I'll let you know what I find out.

Doug

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update.

I had to work some side jobs to be able to purchase the delay boards, wiring, connectors, boxes, etc., which has me on out of pocket expenses $600+ so far.

I have not asked for money up front from anyone as I didn't have a timeframe as to when I will receive the parts to build these modules. Fortunately, even though most of the parts are not here in the USA, shipping is only supposed to take a week for the majority of the parts.

As soon as I get all the parts in from the vendors I will start building these wiper delay modules.

Thanks,

Doug

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...