Classic Muscle ???

I have bought parts from Classic Muscle and have not had a problem. they will tell you if the part is in stock and will ship in a reasonabje

time. They had parts when Year One and OPGI were backordered. Have also had good results with Ground-UP (ss396). 

Jay

• Like 2

Most of the parts we buy that are reproduced are usually only produced by 1 company, there are exceptions of course, but generally they all come from the same place. I'm not saying that only 1 company makes all of the repops, just that a part like a door handle probably has only one foundry making the castings and they wouldn't make a door panel (only about 3 stampers making repop panels). Some importers might have higher standards than others but generally the retailers aren't as concerned over the nit picky things some of us care about and usually aren't the importer but some are. What I'm saying is a part bought from NPD probably has the same Origin as a part from OPGI and Classic Muscle and add your favorite to your list. I use NPD alot because I can drive there and save on shipping and look at the parts but I use them all to some extent. I have also bought more than one of a particular part because it was made by a different source (or the importer had higher standards) and the first just wouldn't meet my standards.

It's what makes this hobby so much fun.

rotin

I gotta aggree I've bought tires for my Monte, my truck and just ordered tires for my camping trailer. The only brand name I got was the Mickey Thompson for the Monte. The truck tires I wanted are 10 ply and the name brands were outrageous so I got the off brand and so far they have been great and that's pulling a 7000 pound trailer in the summer.  You are kind of limited on the trailer tires but again name brands are outrageous and I wanted 10 ply on them too. A lot of the stuff now days are made in China anyhow and we all know about there quality issues. Try to find good old American made parts.