A/C Discharge Hose

I’m  looking for any information having to do with a 1970 Monte stock air conditioning system with a big block. I have done my research and have found everything that I need except for the discharge hose coming off the back of the compressor. Goodmark has a hose that they say only fits a Chevelle application (GMK4032260691S). My question is has anyone ever replaced their original discharge hose on a 1970 454 big block, and if so what did you use and where did you get it from? Thank you in advance for all who reply, much appreciated!

Joe,

Call Old Air Products in Texas.  817-531-2665 is their phone number.  I would talk live with their customer service department even if you think you see what you think is right on their website.  I used them for my compressor rebuild and all of the different parts I needed.  Their customer Service people are very helpful and they should have exactly what you need.  Here is a link to their website:  

https://www.oldairproducts.com/

rob

No luck at Old Air Products. They do have a hose but it’s the same measurement as a small block application which is 56” on the long hose and 24” on the short hose. (They measure the rubber hose only). They may be able to make a new hose set up with my old small block hose but I need measurements. Does anyone have a measurement for a big block application??

When I exchanged my 350 CI to a 402 CI, I used the same factory discharge hose without any fitment issues.  Can't say it is the right hose but it was like plug & play on the conversion.  This is a 1972 Monte by the way....................

Doug

• Like 1

My parts catalog shows the hose to the same as a 71 chevelle. Hope that helps

69-70 All w /8 cyl. (exc. Camaro, Monte
Carlo) ................................................. 6272174              1 5 7 .10 w/muffler and hoses, complete .......................
NOTE 1: When used with Retractable Headlamp, tape piece of sponge rubber or equiv. where hose contacts
vacuum bott/e-insulate hose from all contacting surfaces with sponge rubber & tape-maintain adequate
clearance from all sharp & moving objects allowing for 2 inch engine rock conditions.
69 All w/Acc. Air Cond. (8 cyl.)
(exc. Nomad),
70 All w/Acc. Air Cond. (8 cyl.)
(exc. C am a ro )....................... ____ 3942689              1 4 5.25 w/muffler o n ly ...........................................................
70 Monte Carlo (400, 454),
71 Chevelle .................................... ___ 3984614       1 4 7 .00 w/muffler and hoses, complete

3 hours ago, 72-CLASSIC_RIDE said:

When I exchanged my 350 CI to a 402 CI, I used the same factory discharge hose without any fitment issues.  Can't say it is the right hose but it was like plug & play on the conversion.  This is a 1972 Monte by the way....................

Doug

Good to know... Thanks Doug!

1 hour ago, 1970mcss said:

My parts catalog shows the hose to the same as a 71 chevelle. Hope that helps

69-70 All w /8 cyl. (exc. Camaro, Monte
Carlo) ................................................. 6272174              1 5 7 .10 w/muffler and hoses, complete .......................
NOTE 1: When used with Retractable Headlamp, tape piece of sponge rubber or equiv. where hose contacts
vacuum bott/e-insulate hose from all contacting surfaces with sponge rubber & tape-maintain adequate
clearance from all sharp & moving objects allowing for 2 inch engine rock conditions.
69 All w/Acc. Air Cond. (8 cyl.)
(exc. Nomad),
70 All w/Acc. Air Cond. (8 cyl.)
(exc. C am a ro )....................... ____ 3942689              1 4 5.25 w/muffler o n ly ...........................................................
70 Monte Carlo (400, 454),
71 Chevelle .................................... ___ 3984614       1 4 7 .00 w/muffler and hoses, complete

That is great information... and interesting. Much appreciated!!

• Like 1