Polyurethane Body Mounts

1Bad454

Hey everybody I have a question. I'm looking at Energy Suspensions body mounts and according to their website the MC kit does not include the hardware (sleeves, washers etc.). However when looking at Ground Ups website they list a MC kit with all of the hardware. When I entered that part number on Energy Suspensions site it comes up as a Chevelle kit. I know that both cars are very similar with the exception of the longer MC frame so I think I'll be good with the Chevelle kit. What do you all think? Has anybody here used the Chevelle kit on their MC?  

I got the Energy Suspension kits for my 72. After looking at all the different stuff online & seeing some conflicting info, I called them up. You'll need 2 kits, 3.4170G & 3.4171G. Amazon has them cheaper than Summit right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-3-4170G-MOUNT-HARDWARE/dp/B0071L4NMM

https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-3-4171G-SUPPLEMENTAL-MOUNT/dp/B01EXKTZRG

• Like 1

All the parts I have ordered from opgi are for a chevelle and don’t work on the Monte ( they can work with mods) they don’t differentiate real well between the two body styles. I won’t buy anything from them anymore. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jft69z said:

I got the Energy Suspension kits for my 72. After looking at all the different stuff online & seeing some conflicting info, I called them up. You'll need 2 kits, 3.4170G & 3.4171G. Amazon has them cheaper than Summit right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-3-4170G-MOUNT-HARDWARE/dp/B0071L4NMM

https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-3-4171G-SUPPLEMENTAL-MOUNT/dp/B01EXKTZRG

Thank you Joe!

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

All the parts I have ordered from opgi are for a chevelle and don’t work on the Monte ( they can work with mods) they don’t differentiate real well between the two body styles. I won’t buy anything from them anymore. 

That's good to know Dennis. The few aftermarket parts that I bought didn't workout either. Some had to be modified. Very frustrating!

It is pretty amazing how factory parts fit like a glove. You would think one would simply reverse engineer the original and quality check after production. Especially with 3D printing these days.   

1 hour ago, 1Bad454 said:

Thank you Joe!

You're welcome. If you need any help or more questions, just ask. I had copies of all the factory prints, parts lists, etc when I did the job. 

1 hour ago, 1Bad454 said:

The few aftermarket parts that I bought didn't workout either. Some had to be modified. 

Nothing fits like it's supposed to, lol. I remember a simple air cleaner many years ago that I had to screw with to make it fit. That's when I learned...

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, jft69z said:

You're welcome. If you need any help or more questions, just ask. I had copies of all the factory prints, parts lists, etc when I did the job. 

Hey Joe do these bushing kits include the bushings for the radiator support? Reason being is that's all I need for the moment.

8 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

Hey Joe do these bushing kits include the bushings for the radiator support? Reason being is that's all I need for the moment.

Yes