Autocross

Jason72

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it goes without saying, this probably isn’t the best platform to try autocross with. How I see it in my head: Titanic vs Iceberg. 😂

It can definitely be done though. There is a guy I’ve seen at the Syracuse Nationals with a 68 Riviera. I follow him on Instagram @ripnriv. Here’s a couple pics of his car. 

9F65ED2C-FFAE-4D2C-8318-806710789A85.thumb.png.74a180d6250e5df54dbfa023196270bc.png

8834C244-16FE-428E-9AC9-42A4492CCED6.thumb.png.f748603836b4748ebdca832df7013adc.png

2 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

Do they still have the autocross in Carlisle ?

The below is from the Carlisle Events GM Nationals show link:  

rob

Open Autocross Runs

Hosted by the Cumberland Valley Corvette Club

The only thing better than a show-ready ride is a show-ready ride on the race track! The on-site autocross allows drivers to run the road course and compare their times to each other. Even better, it is free! Enthusiasts are able to make 3 timed runs consisting of 2 laps each. Times are provided to compare with other drivers. 

2021 Open Autocross Schedule
Friday: 10AM - 2PM
Saturday: 11AM - 2PM

Any vehicles looking to participate must register at the track and pass tech. Participants must have a registered (and street legal) car on the GM Nationals showfield, be 18 years of age or older and have a valid license and insurance. Participants are REQUIRED to bring their own helmets for safety. You will be unable to participate if you don't have one. 

Helmets are REQUIRED. Helmets must be SNELL Foundation certified, either “SA” (Special Application),“SAH” (Special Application Helmets Configured for use with frontal head restraints), “M” (motorcycle), or “EA” (Elite Automotive Sports). A SNELL foundation rating of “K” (karting) is NOT allowed. A DOT approval is not sufficient without the SNELL certification. A helmet from the second previous testing cycle is also allowed if it is SNELL certified and has a manufacture date less than ten (10) years old. e.g., in the year 2014, SNELL ratings of SA2005 or M2005 and SA2010 or M2010 will be legal. In addition, a SA2000 or M2000 helmet would be legal until they exceed 10 years of age. 

*Due to safety concerns, stock height SUVS and trucks may be excluded from autocross.
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 12:26 PM, cny first gen 71 said:

They are not bringing that back again this year and think it's gone for ever. I know a guy with a firebird that loved running it there. They claim they need the room for trailers and such.

What's not coming back?  Syracuse Nationals or Ultimate Street Car?

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf racing said:

What's not coming back?  Syracuse Nationals or Ultimate Street Car?

The autocross, they tried it for a couple years at the nationals but they say they need the room for campers and the interest just wasn't there. The nationals will still on. Great show if you ever get a chance to go.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

The autocross, they tried it for a couple years at the nationals but they say they need the room for campers and the interest just wasn't there. The nationals will still on. Great show if you ever get a chance to go.

I don't know where they would have the space to set up a decent course. There's so many cars there, I'm surprised they tried it at all. You really need a whole parking lot.

1 hour ago, GatorDog72 said:

I don't know where they would have the space to set up a decent course. There's so many cars there, I'm surprised they tried it at all. You really need a whole parking lot.

That's what they did thay used the parking lot near where they bring the cars in for the day. But now they have so many of us campers they use that as an overflow but dry camping only no hook ups or water or electric. It's near where they park the car haulers.