Wheel alignment specs

Brought Mulsanne down to the local tyre fitter to get a wheel alignment, and no great surprise, the car doesn’t come up on the system. Couldn’t find another A-body at all, the only Monte Carlo was 1995 5th gen (man that’s an ugly car!). 

doesn anyone have specs for camber, caster, toe and anything else as a guide? I could bring the car back to them with manual settings. 

image.thumb.jpg.5ecc6418ca3358a533d55aa08272c256.jpg

21 hours ago, Crom Cruach said:

Brought Mulsanne down to the local tyre fitter to get a wheel alignment, and no great surprise, the car doesn’t come up on the system. Couldn’t find another A-body at all, the only Monte Carlo was 1995 5th gen (man that’s an ugly car!). 

doesn anyone have specs for camber, caster, toe and anything else as a guide? I could bring the car back to them with manual settings. 

image.thumb.jpg.5ecc6418ca3358a533d55aa08272c256.jpg

That generation looks like the Lumina series..... Hopefully that's as close to a four door as they ever get. ;)

• Haha 1

Just to confuse you more, this is from the 72 factory service manual. I'm guessing it's not too different from a 71. There were some footnotes at the bottom of the page that may be helpful too.

20220116_202019.jpg

20220116_202028.jpg

That’s great Joe, thanks. 

In summary, for a ‘72, the Specification for resetting Alignment is:

Caster 0° (± 1/2°)

Camber + 3/4° (± 1/2°)

Toe-in 3/16" toe-in (± 1/16")

*CASTER and CAMBER must not vary more than ½° side to side:

*Toe setting must always be made after caster and camber

depending on how far you want to go get as much positive caster as possible with 1/2 degree difference side to side (usually 1/2 more positive on right) and go as far negative camber while staying within tolerance and set toe to prefered specs car will handle as best as possible with out changing suspension parts

We have a place just outside of Middletown Indiana, Precision Alignment, that has all of the old stuff so he can still align our great cars. I had Bruce align ole red when I put on my tires and wheels drives better than it ever has

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leghome said:

We have a place just outside of Middletown Indiana, Precision Alignment, that has all of the old stuff so he can still align our great cars. I had Bruce align ole red when I put on my tires and wheels drives better than it ever has

Do you have sway bars / other suspension mods, or could you get those settings with a stock setup?