Headliner glue location

Crom Cruach

Do not glue the whole thing, just the edges.  Mark your bows where they go, start in the middle and work your way outward. You will have to cut open the sleeves the bows go through to make it fit.  Finding where your dome light, coat hook and shoulder strap holders are is a little tricky but just take your time.  I used 3M 1357 contact adheasive I get from work, its good stuff. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

The roof rail weatherstripping have to be removed don't they?

I removed the weatherstrip, because I have new strip from metro, but I decided to try installation without removing the metal retaining strips. I would say it’s going to be a little tight but I’m also not taking the glass out and I’d say those areas will be tighter. 
7FEFA0E0-262B-4C17-A315-AF39D067D2F4.thumb.jpeg.20a48a180a04a73e6b4d185785d77c3f.jpeg
this is the metal strip with weatherstrip removed. I’ll be glueing to the other metal strip you can see on the inside, but not until I remove them and clean them. 

I wish you good luck with this project. I know my skill set. I’ll pay. Lol. And now probably twice. Watch the holes your bars come out of if you put them in the low spots the dome light will suck up into the headliner and it will also hit you head when you sit it the car. Hence mine getting redone. 

I’m waiting on a quote for the best interior guys in Dublin, but they are flat out - I might be waiting a while. I have the headliner ordered from TPP so if the quote comes in before the headliner I might just give it to them after all. I’m happy to have done the prep so I can address rust spots and the rest. 

it’s a pity the parts place don’t sell sail panels, or just the material. Legendary are just so expensive.  I just have to watch costs, the snowball effect is real! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crom Cruach said:

I’m waiting on a quote for the best interior guys in Dublin, but they are flat out - I might be waiting a while. I have the headliner ordered from TPP so if the quote comes in before the headliner I might just give it to them after all. I’m happy to have done the prep so I can address rust spots and the rest. 

it’s a pity the parts place don’t sell sail panels, or just the material. Legendary are just so expensive.  I just have to watch costs, the snowball effect is real! 

I just bought a set from the parts place. Got it yesterday. I got a set of dark blue finished and also a set of uncovered panels because I have plenty of dark blue headliner material. 

• Like 1

Ok so according to The Parts Place they are not called sail panels they are called ear muff boards( don’t ask me why) and even though the headliner says not included my actually came with both sail covers and the one for the package tray (?). 

• 2 months later...

Finally got the headliner done! It ain’t perfect but I’m really happy with it. 

8F1E3D77-F38E-4EB7-A41A-F643FCAA4DD1.thumb.jpeg.06fb87d98e53f1938e9664d3b85e9e68.jpeg

i have a question about the weatherstrip, the doors are very hard to close, they need a very hard slam. I wonder is the corner installed right… see photo, should the weatherstrip protrude past the corner, or stay in behind it like I have it?

623A0F5B-E282-4AC8-A403-AAF222242E83.thumb.jpeg.4b6fbea1e62ca5902f2ab9dcd479c57f.jpeg