2022 Western Meet - Northwest group cruise to the meet

Canuck

This is for those driving to the Western Meet from areas North of Ashland, Oregon. There is a group of us that will be driving to the meet together and cruising along part of the coast of Oregon along the way. We will stay the night of June 15th in Lincoln City, Oregon before driving to Ashland on the 16th. Please send me a message or email me at dodsyaaron@gmail.com for Lincoln City hotel info. This will be a great place to stay right on the beach and will be fun cruising the coast on our way to the meet.

JUNE 15TH

From Coastal Cities
Those of you from the coastal areas of OR, WA & BC can meet us in Lincoln City on the afternoon/evening of the 15th. There may be a potential to meet us at the museum in McMinnville too (see below).

From Inland Cities
Myself and others coming from further inland will meet in Hood River, OR on the morning of the 15th for the drive to Lincoln City. For hotel info to stay the night in Hood River on the 14th please send me a message or email me at dodsyaaron@gmail.com. I expect we will arrive at the hotel in the late afternoon.

Museum Stop
We plan to do a stop at lunch time in McMinnville, Oregon on June 15th to take a walk through the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum. This could serve as a potential meeting place for those coming from coastal cities.
https://www.evergreenmuseum.org/

JUNE 16TH

We have roughly 5.5 hours of driving to Ashland on this day. There are many opportunities during the coastal part of our drive for scenic stops and photo opportunities. We will pick a few of these to stop at for some photos of the group of cars and people. It should be a fun drive. My plan is that we will roll into Ashland by dinner.

image.png

• Like 2

That is great Aaron.   Now, with that many cars in the caravan you will need to factor in trying to properly coordinate bathroom brake's..... either that or plan to have certain areas where the group can stop and wait for people who have more frequent bladder draining.

rob

33 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

That is great Aaron.   Now, with that many cars in the caravan you will need to factor in trying to properly coordinate bathroom brake's..... either that or plan to have certain areas where the group can stop and wait for people who have more frequent bladder draining.

rob

Yep, I already have that covered during the route. Along the coast there are lots of great places to stop so we’ll take advantage of those. We can have over 3 hours of stops snd still get to Ashland by dinner time. I want to make it an easy going day. 🙂

•  For those coming from the north, this may fit into your plans. Coos Bay is a nice side trip ….      IMG_0071.thumb.jpg.2889a22c43396fd75426c38d6dc1e3b4.jpgIMG_0073.thumb.jpg.361d430339dff3affef80deb6e0cfb50.jpg     
  • These pics are a bit old and things may have changed… Take a look and decide… 

Ed C 

Cave Junction Oregon … Hwy 199… 

If it's on the trail, Great food and world famous…

Taylor's Sausage…….

Est..  2 to 2.5  hours from Ashland.   Google it.. Time permitting it will be worth the trip ….   this-is-where-you-place.jpg.7e3cc90ad39156b5ce5bec46e558b82b.jpg

Edited by EVC
provide more info.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, EVC said:
  •  For those coming from the north, this may fit into your plans. Coos Bay is a nice side trip ….           

Ed C 

Depending on how early we get out of Lincoln City we might be able to go through Coos Bay but it will add 40 minutes of driving time. The goal is to get to Ashland by dinner time so we'll see what time allows.

• Like 1

There was a little seafood place down by the ship……Great fish and chips…  Very informal…

When you get to Ashland you might want to do Callahans for dinner.

It's a mountain lodge 15 minutes from Ashland …. Good dining…..   My son in law has one of his deer head trophies on display…

Later I'll provide a list of some of my favorite wineries for wine tasting… Two that come to mind are Roxy Anns and Kriselle's ….

Ed C

• 1 month later...

I am from Southern Oregon. If you cut inland from Coos Bay, taking Hwy 42 to I-5 and figuring in summer tourist traffic, Coos Bay to Ashland will be a solid 3-1/2 hour drive not counting bathroom breaks. Just FYI.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave B said:

I am from Southern Oregon. If you cut inland from Coos Bay, taking Hwy 42 to I-5 and figuring in summer tourist traffic, Coos Bay to Ashland will be a solid 3-1/2 hour drive not counting bathroom breaks. Just FYI.

I plan to cut inland at Reedsport. I considered going through Coos Bay but it adds too much driving time.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:02 PM, EVC said:

Cave Junction Oregon … Hwy 199… 

If it's on the trail, Great food and world famous…

Taylor's Sausage…….

Est..  2 to 2.5  hours from Ashland.   Google it.. Time permitting it will be worth the trip ….   this-is-where-you-place.jpg.7e3cc90ad39156b5ce5bec46e558b82b.jpg

Great sausages made in-house.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yahoo remade it To Hood River.  Two days of pouring rain in Alberta and BC and Nasty headwinds in Idaho and Oregon can’t believe the amount of water in the reservoirs

8BBC8657-D8D1-47DF-916E-77BE68745BC2.jpeg

• Like 4