Alternator brackets diagram

drdave69

Needed to replace my alternator and belt and noticed that the pulleys did not line up very well. Ordered new bracket kit and not sure exactly how they install. Especially the extra "support" bracket (the smaller rectangular one with two different sized holes in it). Does anyone have a diagram of how these brackets are mounted to the engine (454 in my case)?

I got all of that figured out. It is the small rectangular bracket that is included in the kit that I don't know where it goes. I got the kit from Ground Up (ss396.com) and it is item number AKK-301.

1 hour ago, drdave69 said:

I got all of that figured out. It is the small rectangular bracket that is included in the kit that I don't know where it goes. I got the kit from Ground Up (ss396.com) and it is item number AKK-301.

That bracket may be for attachment back side of Alternator and reinforces the mounting strength.  If I remember right and that's what you have, that bracket attached to back side of Alternator and then into the engine block and I believe was only with the factory Alternator look.  My aftermarket Alternator shown did not have the ability to fasten with bracket.  Again, not positive that is your issue but might lead you there.

Good Luck.......  :)

Doug

100_1866.JPG

• Like 1

Here are pictures of mine. Lower alternator stud goes into block, bracket, spacer then the alternator. The bracket then bolts to the back of the alternator. If your alternator does not have a bolt hole in the back (probably reman of some sort) you won’t use the bracket but the you have to put a washer in the spot the bracket goes to keep the pullies (?) lined up. The bracket is to help keep the alternator stable. 

1C78736C-D8B6-41D4-AA19-C8ED22F5B79A.jpeg

CA9A1A78-3517-460D-84A9-5D4E85C8E344.jpeg

92CFEC18-495F-47AC-897D-FED60D36E6FB.jpeg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Searsman said:

Nice pictures Dennis, wish mine looked that clean ,too.. 

thanks, a lot of time, effort and money. We should hook up for a show sometime. I’m up in Cincinnati. Who Dey 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dtret said:

June looks to be around the Carlisle dates. July is the same as Syracuse ( don’t know if I’m going to get there) so possible. 

Be great if you could make Syracuse Dennis, if your thinking about it check with CK or Willie see where they made reservations I know the later it gets the hotels fill up fast. It really is a great show with over 8000 cars usually. My reservations are all made already. 

5 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Be great if you could make Syracuse Dennis, if your thinking about it check with CK or Willie see where they made reservations I know the later it gets the hotels fill up fast. It really is a great show with over 8000 cars usually. My reservations are all made already. 

Joe,Willie and CK have already given me all the information and a couple of them are riding me like a bull at the rodeo. lol. Looks to be an awesome show and swap meet but I’m balking at the 9 hours of driving. I drive for a living and that’s the last thing I want to do on a vacation. lol.  Still contemplating it though. I can make the hotel reservations and just cancel if I decide not to go. We shall see. 

• Like 1

Yea 8 hours is a long trip, was about 7 when I went to Norwalk and started having problems with car it wouldn't up shift. Found out when I got home was a cracked vacuum hose on the modulator. If course I tore up my shoulder Sunday night before I had to break down camp and drive home in the rain Monday morning. Yes alcohol was involved 🤣

8 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yea 8 hours is a long trip, was about 7 when I went to Norwalk and started having problems with car it wouldn't up shift. Found out when I got home was a cracked vacuum hose on the modulator. If course I tore up my shoulder Sunday night before I had to break down camp and drive home in the rain Monday morning. Yes alcohol was involved 🤣

I wish I could blame alcohol for all my stupid acts. But not so much. It’s just who I am. Lol. I do like my alcoholic beverages though. Hmmm 🤔 it is 5:00 somewhere ( am or pm it doesn’t matter)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

...and a couple of them are riding me like a bull at the rodeo. lol. ..

Yee Haaaaaaa!      🤣:yay:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

I wish I could blame alcohol for all my stupid acts. But not so much. It’s just who I am. Lol. I do like my alcoholic beverages though. Hmmm 🤔 it is 5:00 somewhere ( am or pm it doesn’t matter)

The clock in my monte always says 5 :2beers:

• Like 1