Thinking about George

CnCsMC

He was mentioned at the Eastern Meets dinner...I still don't know the whole story but I did hear about how you (Wallaby) were waiting for him and he never showed because he had past away... frown

Bill

He was mentioned at the Eastern Meets dinner...I still don't know the whole story but I did hear about how you (Wallaby) were waiting for him and he never showed because he had past away... frown

Bill

Very sad story, makes your eyes get heavy everytime I hear it. Hope all is well with his family. smile

I think the main thing is to keep the memories of George going, that way we will always think of and remember him. He always was willing to help a fellow member

how-about a "George Lines Award"

could be given at each yearly meet,

or a yearly award to a member that exhibits the unselfish acts of helping out fellow members and/or the club. This award could also be displayed along with the member rating when the selected member receives the award.

this is just a thought, it would be a nice way to pay tribute to George smile

There is the George Lines Best Modified Award. The speech given at the presentation always chokes me up.

It went to Mark Patrone the last 2 years.

His Monte was the random image of the day a couple days back. That is a periodic reminder of George. I also added the "We Miss You George" to the top of the message board when he passed because he was a great help to a lot of people on the boards.

At the Western Meet awards ceremony, I always inform people of the story behind the George Lines award when I present it. He was a part of the FGMCC family, and he is missed.

Man! How long has it been? His memories all well rooted in all of us. He passed away some time ago, but still, you think he’s me. In your eyes, you do not see a man, you see a brother, a fellow club member, fallen close friend. A great person willing to make time even for the smallest of requests. "The George Lines" award is a great tribute to such a great individual. Too bad we never had the chance to meet. "HIS MEMORY AND LEGACY LIVE ON"

He was a really good person, and a good person to "talk" to here...no wonder he was on my mind lately...I had forgotten it was right before the meet...I'm glad people who knew him are still here....you know we have a strong club when so many of us have been members so long and the turnover is so low that many of us knew him