what backspace on our stock rallies

What is the backspace on our STOCK 7x15 rallies?

I have a set of corvette 8x15 rallies, I would like to know what is the widest 60 series i can get on this rim? I know, i didn't give you backspace. Its the same as the Stock 7x15 rim.

Tkx

Willie, the 15x8 Corvette rally  wheel has a 4" backspacing. If you are putting them on a Monte a 235/60r 15 is about the widest you can fit with that backspacing and without rubbing issues on the quarter panel. Unless you jack up the rear to the moon! Lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Willie, the 15x8 Corvette rally  wheel has a 4" backspacing. If you are putting them on a Monte a 235/60r 15 is about the widest you can fit with that backspacing and without rubbing issues on the quarter panel. Unless you jack up the rear to the moon! Lol

Look. It’s Willie driving to Carlisle with his corvette rally’s.  Lol. 

333DBC53-D39E-4AA2-A5DA-3C647A1935BF.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The factory 15x7 rallys are 4.25" backspacing. Typical 15x8 Corvette rallys are 4" backspacing. This means the outer edge of the Corvette rim is 1.25" further out than the stock 15x7 rally which is why many end up with clearance issues on the quarter panel after installing the Corvette rallys. Ideally you want 4.5 or 5" backspacing with a 15x8 rim allowing a larger tire to fit without rubbing.

• Like 2

I have Corvette rallys on my 70 Monte with 245/60s. I had a slight rubbing issue on one side with the quarter panel on three different first gens I've owned. I bent the quarter panel lip slightly to get the clearance I needed.

May be an image of car and road

• Like 3

Thanks for the help and info guys. I didnt realize i have 2 sets of corvette rims. They are all the same 4inch b/s. Not sure what i want to do just yet. I might have to get rid of a set.

I love the bananas (but not as much as Dennis does)