Rear Tail Lights

MC-71

Left and Right tail lights have two bulbs. Do both bulbs blink or does just one bulb. Also where does the fiber optic plug in? Upper or lower bulb.

The fiber optic is on a 1970 Monte Carlo only.

1 hour ago, MC-71 said:

Left and Right tail lights have two bulbs. Do both bulbs blink or does just one bulb. Also where does the fiber optic plug in? Upper or lower bulb.

1 hour ago, MC-71 said:

Carl, 

Both bulbs blink on my 70. I just installed the LED light unit in mine. You can use the upper or lower socket ….    fiber optics ????

Ed 

1 hour ago, MC-71 said:

The assembly book kinda shows the fiber optic at the upper bulb, I think I can put it at the lower bulb, just because I will have extra length on the cable. Both bulbs do signal flashing and it shouldn’t matter.

• Like 1

It's on whichever one you want. They both, the upper and lower do the same thing. Turn signal, stop and parking lights. They do it together, so it doesn't really matter in that way.

As for where the factory installed it, idk. But who is going to take the cap off to check? Even if you are doing a concourse resto to be judged. Only you will know. 

• Like 2

I am not sure if anyone can confirm this but I think the original signal light and brake lite housings had a glued in fitting that the fibre snapped on too. If you check your licence plate lite (if original) it has the fitting I am talking about. I was able to find some that snapped into the front signal lite housings which positions the fibre correctly and provides a stronger lite. The rear ones I just positioned them as close to the bulb with the lenses off for the best lite to the rear deck indicator.

Hope that helps

I want to thank everybody who posted on this subject. All the info helped this old guy at 76 because I did these things years ago so I just don’t remember a lot of things. I took my Monte apart which I didn’t need to. I will finish this project and can’t wait to do cruise nights once again.

• Like 3